Thread: Primal Pig-Out! page

RCrown2 is offline Junior Member

Primal Pig-Out!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all,

I'm a recent CW convert who used to have a habit of going crazy on cereal (albeit healthy whole grain) every Friday night. I know I wouldn't eat much during the day which would cause my hunger at night, but it is also a mental comfort thing. I now usually IF during the day on Friday and am looking for something Primal that I can sit down with and just let go after a week of eating pretty clean.

Anyone else do this? Any suggestions on some good primal finger foods or "cereal like" alternatives? I'm not trying to lose weight or anything. I have been trying cottage cheese with some berries and walnuts/almonds/sunflower seeds. Also, carrot sticks, celery, broccoli with almond butter mixed in a little yogurt. Anything else would be much appreciated.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Bah I know. To hell with cereal. I used to eat a bowl and then add another half a bowl when that was done and then have a handful when that was done. Grrrr. Stabby need to stab.

Stabby will stab beef with fork and put in mouth. Yum. Stabby feel full and strong. Stabby not grain junkie anymore.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Whole avocado.
    Whole banana
    Nuts and seeds
    Shredded coconut
    Coconut milk
    100% cocoa powder
    stevia
    Additional flavorings.

It's primal pudding! Necessarily a little heavy on the omega 6 and the fructose but a little more of that stuff than usual is very primal cheater food.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed and beef jerky are very snackable.

My particular favorite treat is:
    1) Frozen wild blueberries in mug
    2) Sprinkle raw cacao nibs in when I've got them (a pinch will do you)
    3) Liquid coconut oil on top (this sinks into the berries as it solidifies, forming a delicious crunchy shell)
    4) Spoonful of almond or cashew butter to top
    5) Juice and pulp of 1/2 lime on top of that

Love it.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Bacon.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    haha i would say bacon too... but i dont have access to any i am frikin dying with all this bacon talk around here....

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Most health food stores carry this: http://www.bobsredmill.com/coconut-flakes.html

When I've got the munchies, I can plow through half a bag easy. Great with spiced tea.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal "cookies": Mix almond butter with 99% chocolate, chopped nuts, and unsweeted coconut flakes (and maybe even some raisins, if you want to go ALL out). Drop spoonfuls on a plate and freeze for about an hour. Eat the chilly, sticky cookies with your fingers. Peanut butter freezes up better than does almond butter, but of course it isn't primal.

CocoAvo "pudding": Blend 1/2 avocado and 1/3 cup coconut milk. Eat with a spoon.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid