Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fafalla's Whole 30 in November page 2

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 6
    My meals are hard to name because I ate at weird hours.
    morning - a portion of Morrocan chicken
    afternoon - broccoli with tomato-garlic butter (Tomato-Garlic Butter | Mark's Daily Apple) and one egg
    I think I will have a cup of bone broth before going to bed.

I eat little but I am simply not hungry.

Movement: just about one hour of walking

Sleep: I woke up too early in the middle of a crazy dream that upset me , and then I could not sleep again. Unfortunately, I woke up in the deep sleep phase. Whenever that happens (rarely), I feel like something had hit me in the head with a club.

Mood: somewhat petulant, probably due to the suboptimal sleep, and a bit tired

Work and life balance: acceptable; I will switch off my computer no later than at 7 p.m.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been good at posting! I am lousy at the journaling part and I know its important. I need the accountability. So here goes

Sunday: MiM and 3 slices of bacon w/ butter

pork roast with sugar free bbq sauce
    cabbage roasted with onions and bacon (oh my gosh it was good! )
    Marys Gone Crackers and 85% dark chocolate w/cream cheese

Monday:
    BAS w/ left over steak
    One boiled egg white (don't like the yolk)
    left over pork roast and cabbage
    Marys Gone Crackers and 85% dark chocolate w/cream cheese

Tuesday
    BAS w/ left over steak and some roasted sweet potato (about 4 slices)
    Boiled egg white
    Stew beef w/ mushrooms (used arrowroot for a thickener)
    white rice
    roasted butternut squash
    4 pieces of 85% dark chocolate

So do you think the rice is bad? I only have it about once a month but I really wanted some w/ my stew beef. This is why I don't make stew beef.

Lots of movement at school, but not enough. Having a hard time w/ the exercise part, particularly heavy lifting.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Although rice is not included in the Whole 30 protocol, I don't think it is bad but utimately, it depends on your goals. In my case, I had rice way too often in September and October. It wasn't compatible with weight maintenance, not to speak of weight loss. You never mentioned weight loss as one of your objectives so I assume you are more or less happy with your weight. Unless rice makes you binge, I don't see anything wrong with eating it from time to time.

By the way, for the weekend I am planning a traditional meal (for guests), which will include potatoes. I doubt I will be able and willing to resist. I already had a huge portion of potatoes last weekend (in sauerkraut soup) but apparently it didn't do much damage - when I stepped on the scale today (I know I shouldn't), I found out that on the beginning of day 7, I am about 6 pounds lighter. Of course I know that this pace is unsustainable. Those were basically pounds gained due to carelessness in the eventful and demanding months of September and October.

Actually weight loss is my one of my goals. I need to be more specific . I had the rice and it made me binge so that answers that question. I did get on the scale this morning and did not gain any.

My goals for November Whole 30 are:
    To lose 2 lbs. That is all I am asking in the weight loss because I have my Dad's bday this weekend and THanksgiving in two weeks.

To renew my focus to be healthy. I have type II diabetes and I want to be off the meds by this time next year.

To start moving and lifting.

So far I am doing okay but the rice through me off some. Not only did I binge on the rice I binged on the popcorn. I also woke up sick this morning. When I am sick I don't do well at eating. Last night I was extremely tired (which should have been my first clue I was getting sick) so I am sure that has something to do w/ the binging. Which brings me to my next goal:

Quit getting sick. I know that's a lot to ask in one Whole 30 but basically I eat this way all the time. The only thing I really had to cut out was the artificial sweeteners in my coffee. And my immune system sucks. I am trying to build it up.

So there are my goals. Helps to see them written down. Thanks for reminding me to do that!

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I hope you get better soon.

Lose 2 lb? In my world, this falls in the "due to rounding" category.
    One boiled egg white (don't like the yolk)
    I hope you have someone to give the yolks to (I wish I lived next door). Discarding them would be a shame!

Day 7
    breakfast - one kohlrabi and one cup of duck bone broth
    lunch - chicken breast slathered in tomato-garlic butter (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/tomato-garlic-butter/); I am not a fan of chicken breasts but I have no access to separate non-CAFO thighs, so I have to buy whole chickens, and eating them with a lot of fat is the way to go
    dinner - shakshouka with three eggs

Movement: a 1-hour class of pilates; no time for walking (except to the gym) but I spent a lot of time doing household chores, which involved a lot of walking and carrying things

Sleep: good although I woke up after a crazy dream again, but I felt rested

Mood: between good and excellent; I am pleasantly tired after the exercise

Work and life balance: no stress; I stopped working at 6 p.m. (great) but I am still online for entertainment (reading news and blogs)

Mood

breakfast - one kohlrabi and one cup of duck bone broth
    What is kohlrabi?? And duck bone broth? Wow! Is it better than chicken bone. I really don't like chicken bone broth but I refuse to use bones from grain fed conventional beef. I will eat that due to finances but when I think of what is leeched into the bones..blech. I haven't been good about having my bone broth daily. I think that would help my immune system. I throw the egg yolks away. Sorry! I have tried to eat them..really. But..blech.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Kohlrabi: Kohlrabi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    A very delicious member of the cruciferous family, mostly eaten raw.

Duck broth is amazing but also quite strong (in smell as well as taste). Not for beginners. If you have access to turkey necks, go for them. I have just written about it elsewhere: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread69865.html

Please help save the world and find someone who would take your yolks. Or learn recipes where you can tolerate the taste. Wouldn't you eat a gratin (e.g. cube some roasted sweat potato, steam a bit of broccoli, mix it with a couple of eggs and grated cheese, season to taste)?

Please help save the world and find someone who would take your yolks. Or learn recipes where you can tolerate the taste. Wouldn't you eat a gratin (e.g. cube some roasted sweat potato, steam a bit of broccoli, mix it with a couple of eggs and grated cheese, season to taste)?
    Of course I would..but there is something about boiled egg yolks I can't handle...I would ship them to you but they probably would not hold up

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Today..

left over stew beef w/ rice-not even sure how much to be honest..prob about 4 oz of meat and 1/2 cup rice

appx 8 oz ribeye and half a butternut squash roasted w/ coconut oil and butter.

that seems like alot of food. I feel just good enough to want something to make me feel better. Blech....

Tomorrow is a better day!

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Day 8
    breakfast - I was very busy so I thawed a large portion of squash stew and ate one half of it
    lunch - the second half of the stew (again, very little time)
    an early dinner - I was quite hungry soon in the afternoon so I had a portion of delicious pork jelly and one venison sausage

Movement: about one hour of walking plus a lot of bustling around

Sleep: good but I had to get up early because of an appointment

Mood: a bit tired because it was such a busy day, but very happy

Work and life balance: almost no work , I will do a bit of catching up now although it is kind of late

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast