Thread: ground beef

ground beef

Shop Now
    Sup guys, hope your all well.

I hear a lot people recommending lean ground beef but is it neccessary when on a high fat diet? Is the fat in ground beef good or should it be drained?

Well, I eat it. Tastes good and keeps the meat succulent. And I try to buy ordinary mince (ground beef) rather than lean. I need the fat!!!

I also buy ordinary mince - it cooks better in my opinion - and if, for any reason, I do drain the fat I reserve it for use later on!

A lot of the store bought ground beef I have had seems to contain a lot of extra water that pulls the fat out as it shrinks.
    The grass fed ground beef I get now is lean, I often add fat to it, either a couple of tablespoons of lard, bacon fat or ghee - no shrinkage, no extra water...yum.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Cheers guys. So basically no need to drain it at all like conventional wisdom would have you do.

Lean? Nah, I go for 73%.

For the grass-fed ground beef I get, I want as much fat as possible. If I bought conventional I would get as lean as I possibly could and add other fats to it.

Shop Now
    I get my butcher to special grind my mince.. free range 80/20 (meat/fat ratio) coarse grind makes the best burgers on earth (according to my hubby anyways) even better than the fillet steak burgers my butcher does
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/