Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with specifically targeting stomach fat page 2

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Spot reduction is impossible. Your body will get rid of fat from all over. Your abdomen typically stores the most fat (if you're male), so it's usually the last area on your body with visible fat, simply because it started off with more.

If you want to stay at the same weight with less body fat, lift heavy things, eat less carbs, eat more fat and protein, and sprint.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    I haven't seen that it's impossible to spot reduce fat. Fat is stored in areas where there is little muscle activation. People with bad posture who walk duck footed get inner knee pudge, for example. Many women get back pudge near the bra band from slumping and not really using their lats. You should be able to do some exercises that target the abs. I agree that the abdomen typically is the last hold-out area with diet alone.
    Yeah I call bullshit on that. I have inner knee pudge so bad and I am not duck footed in the slightest. I even tried walking duck footed for a while to see if it helped, then I tried walking with my feet turned more inwards. My feet are basically as straight as possible!
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    There is no such thing as spot reduction. Your body stores/loses fat in different areas and different rates. If you want to lose belly fat you have to go on a calorie restricted diet and force your body to use its fat stores.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Men and women naturally store fat differently. A lot of that has to do with things like childbearing and differences in center of gravity. For men fat is mostly on the abdomen. For women mostly on the hips and legs It's been known for a long time that you cannot spot reduce. http://whiteteamedspa.com/wp-content...stribution.jpg
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Are you exercising? Start lifting heavy, sprint intervals a couple times a week, and be as active as you can throughout the day. Cut down on carbs.

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am a woman with insulin resistance and the easiest and quickest way for me to trim my stomache fat while mainting my limb bulk is lowish carb while lifting very heavy at least five days a week. In one month of heavy lifting I gain 10 pounds and drop several inches in my waist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12