Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overeating page

Molon Labe is offline Junior Member

Overeating

Anybody ever have problems with overeating primal foods?

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I was eating near 5,000 primal calories sometimes and it resulted in a slowed rate of weight loss. Now that I've cut back I've started losing weight again but I'm hungry!
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Occasionally. That's why I'm limiting nuts and fruit. I use fitday to keep myself in check.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    I have a definite inclination to eat primal foods without restraint. I'm especially fond of some semi-primal favorites like dark chocolate and almond butter. But with frequent IFs, it all seems to even out for me.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Hell to the yes. I have crazy emotional overeating/binge eating tendencies while I manage to stay in control most of the time, when I lose control all hope is gone. I have absolutely zero cravings for non-primal fare but nuts and nut butters, fruit and dark chocolate are my weaknesses. I tried the whole "don't keep x in the house so you can't eat it" and rid my kitchen of nuts and nut butters. One night I had a huge craving for nuts and nothing would make it go away so I was reduced to picking the syrup-drenched almonds out of a box of granola bars I found in the back of the pantry....... it was quite sad. I grew up in a family of big eaters - my grandparents nearly starved to death as children during WWII so to them everything else is irrelevant as there's food in the house. And if there is food in front of them, they'll keep eating until it's all gone. (Fortunately this is in the old counry and tends to be mostly primal fare - lots of animal meats and fats and absolutely no processed food) so there is no obesity in my family but my parents and I have picked up those eating attitudes and they are mighty hard to break. Even after 6+ months on PB I am still struggling with telling my brain NO.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    I have a tendency to undereat unless I focus on it. I'm a recovering scrawny nerd, though.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm like Molecular Grokologist (though not nearly as smart) I think especially on workout days I don't eat enough. I use my school's gym so I'm also taking classes those days, I fill one tupperware with whatever I made that day and that's all I'll eat until I head back home. I feel I sometimes eat under 2000 primal cals on workout days and maybe it should be more. I need to just start getting more meat in there...

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I was probably down to 1500 calroies a day a year ago. Not that I needed to lose weight, but I had made the connection that eating too many carbohydrates, even whole grains, fruit, legumes, etc gave me acne, but I also thought that fat was the devil. Since I discovered real eating a few months ago it has been like I was just released from a concentration camp. Or at least it feels like that. I'm probably at 3000+ calories and only weigh 130 pounds, although I do exercise so maybe I have a bit more of a need. Still, I feel like a glutton sometimes.

Lesson learned!

cookie is offline Senior Member
    i second the hell-to-the-yes.
    i tend to over eat semi-primal foods, though. like the grain-free, low-sugar baked goods i make. i usually give the most of them to friends, but only after a short binge on the bastards.
    i've been known to over eat primal foods, though... bacon, i can just keep eating it until the bacon in the house is gone. avocados, eggs, fruits.. it's difficult because humans weren't meant to have unlimited access to foods, so we've never really had to control ourselves before.
    i need better control. i love to eat. gimme the fat fatty foods. yumz!

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sometimes - cracling and pork belly are my weaknesses...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast