Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Certainly makes dating interesting page 4

Pilatesmom is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    I disagree with some people here. Unless you're looking for a fling, being upfront as early as possible is a good thing in most cases.
    Yeah, I was not that into him. I was being wing-woman talking to this guy for my friend that was interested in his friend. I brought it up because Primal is new to me, I'm excited about it and sometimes I like to discuss with others to see their view/reaction.

And I was married before too. I've only been back on the market for just over a year. I know what the bar scene is and what it's about. I was there with some girlfriends having a drink and enjoying a night out, not hunting for a husband.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh, we're talking bar culture stuff. Yeah, I have no experience with the bar scene. I meet people through activities like hiking, playing music or other things involving mutual interests. In those venues, you can actually talk and in general we start with asking about what you do or what brought you to this event or hey, your bass playing is really adding a lot to the jam tonight.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I brought it up because Primal is new to me, I'm excited about it and sometimes I like to discuss with others to see their view/reaction.
    i got that you meant generally, not specifically this particular guy. and as i said, you cant change people so it is just something to look out for. most real men around here lol are pretty into their meat. bbqs are so good. men who hunt are always fine too. so, for me, it is usually workaroundable, as we all eat the same things but they have bread or potatoes with their food. when we go out, i just have steak and salad. they have my chips. one time we got stuck somewhere in the middle of the night and i ended up with the burger and the salad. he had my chips and bun and one of the chicks out with us had my coke. the burger prob had nasty stuff in too but at that stage, i wasnt gonna cause a stink. another generalisation, but men seem to always be fine with the way i eat, provided i dont preach about what they eat. they are also used to slim women not eating dessert for diet reasons. and funnily enough, alot of the men i know dont have a sweet tooth. when you get a problem is if you end up with someone, eg my ex husband, who views junk food as mana from the gods, not a last ditch option when you are on the road.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    You do know if you are a good enough cook, you can make almost any man primal.

My (ex?) vegetarian husband is excited about ribs tonight. Ant texted me to buy kielbasa. And bitches about his bacon not being crisp enough.

There are a lot of guys who will gladly look past your bread hatred when you grill two perfect steaks and eat the bigger one.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    There are a lot of guys who will gladly look past your bread hatred when you grill two perfect steaks and eat the bigger one.
    I was with you right up until you ate my steak
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Last guy I went out with thought it would be funny to put sugar in my coffee. Dating sucks.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    BTW, bars are about the worst place to meet someone, unless you're just looking for sex (or "hooking up" as it's called now).

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I always eat the bigger steak.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    He was trying to make a connection and see if you were fun by giving you a shit test. There have been some great examples of fun replies to his questions here. If you weren't into him cause you were the wingman and were taking one for the team, that's ok. If you want to have some fun and meet new people, then try to lighten up a bit.

That old joke about how can you tell a vegetarian? Easy, they'll tell you....Don't be the primal version of that. I'd walk away if I sensed you wear it like a badge.

I wish you all the best in your relatively new single life!

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I'm going to pick my next guy by how he cooks his barbecue. Now, if there was just an easy way to weed out the over-cookers...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast