Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Certainly makes dating interesting page 3

  1. #21
    Bosnic's Avatar
    Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    646
    Shop Now
    I disagree with some people here. Unless you're looking for a fling, being upfront as early as possible is a good thing in most cases.

  2. #22
    Louisa655's Avatar
    Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    795
    Dude owns the chain of subway shops, is a multi-billionaire, and was blown off by a chick who doesn't do wheat. Now that's funny.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

    Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

  3. #23
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Dude owns the chain of subway shops, is a multi-billionaire, and was blown off by a chick who doesn't do wheat. Now that's funny.
    LMFAO - that would be soooooo funny !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  4. #24
    Hawk's Avatar
    Hawk is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Midwest...Northern Indiana
    Posts
    29
    Out east...I have a friend. He talks about "grinder shops" Sub shops are the big thing out there...I think he was just trying to make conversation, by talking about something she was familiar with to make her comfortable.

    But what do I know about dating..I've been married for 40 years.
    Start weight 182
    weight now 162
    goal weight 132

  5. #25
    Iron Fireling's Avatar
    Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    446
    My response wasn't me being a picky "princess" just about me being basically honest, and not a naturally very flirty person . I generally don't discuss my diet with anyone unless it's sort of imperative I do so (like they're gonna shove a piece of cake at me if I don't tell them lol). Even then I keep it low key. I just don't want to give some guy the impression that I like something I don't, or later (if there is a later) it's going to make me seem dishonest!

    Honestly, I actually don't care THAT much about my partner's dietary choices if they make an effort to be fit/healthy etc. As long as we can live and let live, I'm cool with that. Sure it can be a PITA having to organise different meals for different people but meh... if you're with someone who you really click with that doesn't matter so much!

    I just don't see a problem being upfront with a guy when he asks something random about your food choices!

  6. #26
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    My response wasn't me being a picky "princess" just about me being basically honest, and not a naturally very flirty person . I generally don't discuss my diet with anyone unless it's sort of imperative I do so (like they're gonna shove a piece of cake at me if I don't tell them lol). Even then I keep it low key. I just don't want to give some guy the impression that I like something I don't, or later (if there is a later) it's going to make me seem dishonest!

    Honestly, I actually don't care THAT much about my partner's dietary choices if they make an effort to be fit/healthy etc. As long as we can live and let live, I'm cool with that. Sure it can be a PITA having to organise different meals for different people but meh... if you're with someone who you really click with that doesn't matter so much!

    I just don't see a problem being upfront with a guy when he asks something random about your food choices!
    The key is to know what he's really asking (like zoe said)
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  7. #27
    teach2183's Avatar
    teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    1,057
    If you're looking for some amazing prince, you're likely looking in the wrong place. I met my DH when I was 19, so I never went to bars looking for a date. But guys at bars looking for a date are going to ask generic questions to weed out girls, like zoe suggested. No one is saying you should be dishonest, just know that it's light banter in a bar and don't make it a serious conversation.

  8. #28
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,321
    Well, I guess he didn't pass the flirt test with me because he's got to do better than ask me my favorite sandwich shop. The other day a guy asked me if I'd like an opportunity to take a whiz in the Reagan Library. Now that piqued my interest.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

  9. #29
    sarasue624's Avatar
    sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    281
    Wow, poor guys!

    Now I understand why the good ones have taken themselves off the market and just sit at the bar instead of approaching girls.

    One can be honest while still being fun! People read waaaaaay too much into casual bar conversations.

  10. #30
    EyeOfRound's Avatar
    EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    Wow, poor guys!

    Now I understand why the good ones have taken themselves off the market and just sit at the bar instead of approaching girls.

    One can be honest while still being fun! People read waaaaaay too much into casual bar conversations.
    Yeah, I feel sorry for some of the dudes mentioned in this thread. I'm sure it takes quite a bit of courage to approach a stranger at the bar and strike up a conversation.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •