As a college student who works out a lot I am very reliant on my protein smoothies. I mix whey protein scoops in various smoothie recipes to substitute for a quick meal. I been reading up on the fructose and how it should be more or less regulated. normally I have about 2 shakes a day. One for breakfast and one in the later afternoon after I work out.

My typical ingredients involve:

- 2 scoops of whey
- ice
- water

Either a half of a avocado or a table spoon of spirulina and a table spoon of maca powder

for fruit, which I need for sweetness because my powder is flavorless I pick between these combinations:

- 3-4 strawberries + 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 3-4 strawberries + 1/4 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberries | 1/4 cup strawberries

On my calorie counter it does not say that I am getting much sugar. I don't drink juices and I am generally low carb around 80-100 carbs per day on average. But I been reading that fructose, is converted to glycerol phosphate more efficiently than almost all other carbohydrates. This leads to fat storage. If I am trying to cut in order to get as lean as possible. Should i avoid fruit more?

I understand the importance of nutrients in fruit. But, according to my diet it looks like I am eating a cup of berries a day or nearly 5-6 cups of berries a week. I think that I must either cut down on the fruit.

What do you all think? Fruit and fructose is sort of a hot button topic for low carb primal eaters. On one hand I understand that the nutrients are important and no one could say that my current diet is unhealthy. I know that I am much more healthy than the average college student. I know that. But my goal is to achieve deep six pack abs. So far I have got the six pack abs but they are not very visible or ripped yet.

So should I cut down on fruit? how much fruit should i have per day? How much fructose should one have per day?