Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Omelets page 3

drnemer is offline Member
    @ 11 Binti1962

oo there is one in walking distance. i was going to go to bed bath and beyond because it is next to trader joes.

is it a nonstick pan?

Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    I am a student as well, we just have cheap non-stick pans (probably cost like $10). Work perfectly for omelets. I have a fancier pan for steaks and whatnot but I don't like using it for omelets because even with coconut oil, they tend to stick to it.

My herbs/spices I put in my omelet (I mix these into the omelet mixture itself, rather than sprinkling on like I do with the veges): Chives, mixed herbs (thyme, rosemary, notsurewhatelseisinhere), lemon pepper, turmeric, cayenne pepper, normal pepper.

My usual ingredients: Spinach (cover one whole half), sliced tomato, capers, red onion, baby bell peppers, green beans (don't care if it's not primal enough, I looove them), parmesan cheese.

Also I love eating it with hummus. Again, I know it's not primal but I love hummus.

I have an omelet pretty much every single day!
    thanks i love hummus too, but i never thought of putting it in an omelet.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I live by many grocery stores and Hannaford is my choice! It has so many organic produce selections and other great products that it's virtually a health food store within a regular store. They have uncured precooked bacon, nature's place is their brand, that has all great ingredients, low sugar and low sodium. Plus, it's cooked!
    what is precooked bacon like? does that mean i can cut it up and just throw it in the omelet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    You don't need an omelet pan to make an omelet. A non stick pan is nice though. Whether its seasoned cast iron or ceramic non stick. I bought a Bialetti nonstick pan at the grocery store for under $20 - cant remember the exact price. It works great for eggs. I do put a teeny bit of oil in the pan when cooking eggs. I've look at these pans online and they seem to cost more than what I paid at the Acme.
    The bialetti looks like a great pan

do you know which one it is amongst these?

Bialetti Aeternum Cookeware

Bialetti Aeternum Evolution Saute Pans

Bialetti Aeternum Easy Silver

There is Saute, Evolution, and Easy. I don't know the reason for difference but what do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    A magnificent reason to add it as I do. I normally put 4oz of mushrooms into the hot oil. While that's starting I whisk up the eggs with a bit of pepper. Whack the eggs on to the fried mushrooms and sort of shift the mixture about so that it solidifies nicely. When cooked, eat.

I do exactly the same with Spinach instead of mushrooms. Loads of spinach will wilt down to quite a manageable size in the pan. I have also used onions but they're more of a fag to carve up. Nothing is simpler than pre washed Spinach but I DO like mushrooms.

so you cook the ingredients then add the eggs. interesting. so many ways to make omelet. i just want to make the kind where it all is inside the egg batter

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drnemer View Post
    The bialetti looks like a great pan

do you know which one it is amongst these?

Bialetti Aeternum Cookeware

Bialetti Aeternum Evolution Saute Pans

Bialetti Aeternum Easy Silver

There is Saute, Evolution, and Easy. I don't know the reason for difference but what do you have?
    The easy silver looks like the one I have. It's also very light, which is good because heavy pans hurt my wrists. Also you need to watch your heat level on these. They heat up very efficiently.

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Other people may not think so, but I can't imagine mixing coconut oil with eggs. ICK. I like butter. Use ghee or clarified butter if you can because it doesn't burn.

The pan has to be HOT. Hot enough to sizzle the eggs when they hit the pan, not just warm enough to melt the butter. This is important. The underside of the egg liquid has to cook and solidify immediately. If the egg stays liquid for even a few seconds, then the melted butter underneath will float to the top. The eggs will touch the pan without a layer of fat and they WILL stick.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123