Hello folks,

I started my journey a few years back and I have been able to do more than I ever really believed possible.

I am now moving on to high intensity training following the Body By Science Protocol.

I work out about once every 5-8 days but wanted to add in bike sprint's. Over the past three weeks I have done 5 bike sprint's with 30 seconds on and from 1:30 to 3:00 minutes rest for 8 rounds. I am amazed at the results. I have gained weight (muscle) and lost near 4 inches off my waist.

Also other than cream in my coffee I am strict paleo.

I am trying to figure out how much to do. Like everyone else I fall into the trap that doing more is better but at age 47 I have no desire to compete with 20 year olds.

Lets say I do my routine once per week on weights and do two 8 round sessions per week of bike sprint's. As long as I am tracking and making progress, not feeling worn out except just after the work out I can just keep doing what is working. Other wise I can back off a bit or take a few extra days for recovery.

Does all of this seem reasonable?

I am very excited for the next phase and seem to have this uncontrolabe urge to do more than I think would be good for me. I can feel it right now... I so want to go to the gym and do sprint's. Crazy!

Thanks for you support and opinions.
M