Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ez2cy I need to lose weight page

ez2cy is offline Senior Member

ez2cy I need to lose weight

Shop Now
    Ok, going to start a journal as I've read it's important to track things or atleast people that do, lose more weight.

Not sure how much I'll put in here but I'll give it a try.

I'm a 54 male that was extremely active all my life. Most of my life revolved around horses. I"ve trained them for showing and racing. I was a blacksmith, farrier, horseshoer for 7 years. Rodeo'd, clowned and raced chuckwagons etc. Great lifestyle and fun, but my body took a beating. Because of this, I had a total shoulder replacement over 3 years ago and am awaiting surgery for the other shoulder. Because I went from being extremely active and athletic, to doing nothing (can't work) I blossomed in the weight department and lost most of any muscle I had. Biggest I got was 232 lbs.

Wife and I went on the Ideal Protein diet, which is pre pkg'd food. Worked for the weight loss but was expensive. I got down to 201 lbs with it. Switched to a "home" based diet. Protien shakes with veggies for breakfast and lunch, then just a protein and veggies for supper. Got down to 190. Also, a ton of exercising. Every other day HIT on treadmill for over 20 minutes, walks every other day, and working out on the Bowflex every other day as well. Then..........

We do fostering. Got a new foster child (almost 16 year old girl). Wife loves to bake and she wanted to learn. Away they went baking like a bakery and guess what my weakness is?????? YEp.......baked goods. Back up to over 200 (205) just a couple of weeks ago.

Tried doing some of the Tim Ferris 4 hour body, which led me to a forum, that led me to this forum. Tried the potato thing people were talking about to see if I could lose some weight quick. Got told in another thread to get off the pot (basically), quit fooling around. Get the book Primal, read it, do it, and forget everything else. So here I am.

Think I will just post what I ate as far as calories, protein, fats, carbs etc from a site I found that I can track what I eat. Also post my workouts etc.

I haven't listened to her as much as I should, but my oldest daughter is a Holistic Nutritionist. Anything I take, ie supplement, I get her to look at it to tell me if it's good or not.

On a daily basis I; take 1 Green Coffee Bean supplement twice daily (on empty stomach), take a liquid multi vitiman 2x/day, liquid supplement for joints 2x/day, potasium in the morning, vit D drops, Fish oil 2x day, calcium/mag at nite.

Drink some coffee, some Yerba mate tea, both with cinnamon (4 hour body), try to cook with tameric and cummin (4 hour body) (spices that are suppose to be really good for you), love hot sauce's on everything. and drink plenty of water.

1/2 way thru the book Primal Blueprint. Read most of the "start here"

Ok...so that's it, here I go.

If anyone takes the time to read this, thanks for not having a life...LOL I welcome any thoughts, good or bad on what I"m doing right or wrong.
    Last edited by ez2cy; 10-27-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

clara is offline Junior Member
    Hi, i've found you!

Loved reading your journal, will follow from now on. Sorry just a quick reply for now, as I have a friend arriving soon but will endeavour to commence my journal tomorrow :-)

Look forward to hearing more about you journey!

C

over 1/2 way for sure in reading the book.

Calories allotted, 2,000 (according to site)
    Calories consumed, 1,103
    Deficit of 897

Fat 70.71 Crb 28 Protein 93

Funny how the site calculates things. I'm over in fat and waaaaay over in Cholesteral, under in carbs (massive) and under in Protein. Funny how I'm also under in my fiber, after having 3 bowls of salad today??????

No exercise today.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I wanted to drop in and say Hi!

And I had a thought about your wife, your foster, and baking... how about challenging them to make more primal-friendly type baked things? Some people think that almond flour cookies, coconut flour cakes, etc., aren't really primal. But for those of us who aren't as militantly-primal, it's nice to have a homemade cookie or brownie once in awhile.

Baking with almond flour and coconut flour is a lot different than using wheat flour, and would be a great way for your wife and foster to do some experimentation... and then share it with us here!

Of course, you have to keep in mind that baking with almond and coconut flour is usually not low calorie, just lower carb than traditional baked goods. But it is healthier to stay away from grains!

By the way, I think it's admirable that you take in foster kids. It sounds like you and your wife give them the kind of home they really need!

She has looked at the Paleo deserts and is going to try some.

Thank you Goldie for your very kind words.

Today, Calories consumed 1,165
    Deficit of 835

Feel good, but had a headache most of the day, also bad diarehha, can't be from eating Primal???? upset not walking but we just had tenants move out of a home we rented and it's a real mess.

Walking the dog first thing in the morning.
    Last edited by ez2cy; 10-29-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

10/29

9 hours of terrible sleep on grounded bed.
    Watched my mind movie, 1 round of tapping, 20 min of meditation with Hoponono
    1 hour walk with dog, cool autumn Canadian air
    10 minute cold shower

Calories consumed; 1984
    Calories burned 274
    Deficit 290

Almonds my downfall today. Need to get them out of the house, not good as a snack for me. Domino food!

10/30
    uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh What a bad day food wise. did ok until after supper and was absolutely starving. Ate what I ate (calorie wise) in "snacks" what I ate all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours good sleep on grounded bed.

Watched My Mind Movie, motivation videos

Walked dog 64 minutes in the cold Canadian rain with just shorts on (Cold therapy?)
    10 crunch's on swiss ball with weight

Calories consumed 2,442
    Budget 2,000
    Burned 389
    Over 53

Fat 170.96 Chol. 997 Carbs 130 Protein 118

Need to do better chump!!!!!!!

Almonds again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God I love to hate those things. And no, I'm not throwing them out...I'm old school, that would just be wasteful. Need to do some tapping for will power.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Ez, try putting the almonds in a hard-to-get place. Like, out in the barn or something. And if you do make the trip to get them, only get a few and leave the rest there.

That way, you have to REALLY want them to go through the effort to get them!

THanks Goldie, we bought a new house over a year ago that's about 5 minute drive to the farm. Loooooooong walk to put the almonds there...LOL

Did my first Primal workout, the 4....chinups, pushups, squats and planks. OM(#*$G....holy snapping girdles Batman. I thought I wasn't to bad because I've been HIT'ng on the treadmill and using the Bowflex. I only did one set of the 4 exercises at the beginners. I'm so embarrased.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

10/31

8.5 hours sleep, grounded
    Watched my mind movie, some subliminal's

Walked an hour in cold rain again. Did the Primal exercises as stated above, tough!

Calories consumed 1,962
    Burned 456
    Budget 2000
    Deficit 494

Fat 117.35 Crb. 33 Protien 182

Official weigh is going to be Saturday but I"ve been weighing myself daily, curious. Been the same for the last 4 days. ???
    Last edited by ez2cy; 11-01-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast