Thread: chicken wings? page

PandaRose is offline Member

chicken wings?

Shop Now
    anybody have a chicken wing recipe to share? thank you in advance

camel is offline Senior Member
    I bake plain at 425 degrees, then Saute in a pan with Louisiana hot sauce(ingredients are just peppers, vinegar, salt) and equal part butter, for a few minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing (homemade is best). Delicious!

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Our preferred buffalo type sauce is 2 parts Franks (Louisiana works too), 1 part butter, with garlic, chipotle pepper, and nuevo pepper added to it. If you like it really hot, add habaneros.

kindra is offline Banned
    Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

3 lbs chicken wings
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    1 cup honey
    1 garlic clove, minced, to taste
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch ground black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375F.
    Place chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
    Mix the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
    Bake at 375F (190C) for one hour or until sauce is caramelized.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    soy sauce and ketchup? There's absolutely no need for that junk.

Get a gallon of refined coconut oil. Fill your deep fryer with it. Put the chicken wings in and squeeze them with some tongs occasionally so they get nice and crispy

While that happens, make a double boiler (put a pot with a few inches of water on the stove on med-high heat. put a metal bowl on top so the steam hits the bottom). In the double boiler, put a crapload of butter and your choice chicken wing sauce, in approximately equal parts.

As each wing batch gets fried all the way through (I do 3 pieces at a time, because my fryer is small), throw them in the wing sauce/butter mix. When your next batch is almost ready, throw the coated wings on a baking sheet in the oven at 250 so they stay hot and the sauce thickens up.

That's it. Not so hard. Don't eat soy sauce and ketchup. The end.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    This is the recipe that I follow and they're brilliant. Sauce is adaptable enough. Buffalo Wings Recipe

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Begin with purchasing high-quality chicken wings.

2. Pat dry wings with paper towel
    3. Toss into a plastic bag the following spices:
    - salt
    - pepper
    - chili powder
    - basil
    - garlic powder
    - (assortment of hot spices, if you like a bit of heat).

Take your wings and toss them into the bag of spices and shake well to coat. Pour out your coated wings onto a tray, and gently sprinkle with olive oil.

Heat BBQ to low, and place wings onto BBQ without any heat under the wings. In other words, the heat is to the left or right of the wings, but there is no heat directly under wings.

Takes about an hour to slow cook these wings. The wings turn out moist, delicious and crispy on the outside.

We make these as an appetizer to a BBQ......serve assorted dips to cool the palates!

Enjoy/Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Take a bag of chicken wings, tip into a large bowl and add a couple of tablespoons olive oil, teaspoon of garlic powder, teaspoon or two of dried oregano and dried thyme, mix well. Tip onto a baking tray and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Place tray in preheated oven, 160 C for about 40 minutes - until crisp.

Eat flesh and skin, place bones in pressure cooker with juice of lemon, cover with water and pressure cook 30 - 40 minutes.

Delicious roast chicken wings and then delicious gelatin rich stock to drink after.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Spicy Drumsticks | Paleo Diet Lifestyle Here is a link to a delicious recipe,I am going to try it out on wings instead of the drumsticks.I would reduce cooking time to around 40 minutes instead of 1 hour.I have made the recipe with drumsticks several times and everyone in my house loves them .

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RobbyJ is offline Member
    My recipe is simple and VERY hot.

1 stick butter
    6 habeneros chopped
    bottle hot sauce (franks, etc.)
    1TBSP cayenne pepper
    Few pounds chicken wings

Let the butter simmer with the chopped peppers on low about 15 minutes, then add the hot sauce and cayenne pepper and let simmer another 10 minutes. Add the chicken wings, until you can't fit any more in the sauce (really cram them in if you want) and move the whole thing to the fridge to marinate overnight. Next day, strain the mixture and fire up the BBQ. I like to re-boil the sauce because it's been sitting in mostly raw chicken all night, then paint it on to the wings while they cook.

Yum!