Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal on the plane page

cheekymonster is offline Junior Member

Primal on the plane

Shop Now
    I am going to be making a 10 hour international flight soon. I am gluten intolerant so I'll order a special meal which I doubt will be edible! I'm looking for suggestions of what I can bring with on the plane to eat as my meals. I know nuts are an obvious choice. I can't find jerky where I live that I can eat (has soy sauce=gluten). I don't have any way to keep things cold..... any suggestions?

Thanks

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Personally, I'd eat well the night before and just use the plane flight as an excuse for a big ol' fasting day. But... That's just me.

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking cheese if you tolerate dairy. This might also be one of the times where an alternative bread type product might be appropriate such as something made from coconut flour. You probably don't want anything with a strong odor but canned sardines or better yet the foil pouches of tuna are convenient.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Personally, I'd eat well the night before and just use the plane flight as an excuse for a big ol' fasting day. But... That's just me.
    ^This. Or make your own beef jerky. Or...an avocado and a tuna/salmon pouch, bacon and hard boiled eggs, fruit and nut butter, coconut bark, a potato.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Sometimes the logistics of arranging a healthy meal while on a traveling day just aren't worth it. Skip the hassle, fast through it, and you'll be sure to enjoy your next meal that much more.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Airplane meals are vile, anyway, so I personally think it's worthwhile bringing your own food. I don't know if I could fast through an international flight, it's just so boring, eating makes it a little more bearable (I fly halfway across the world twice a year). I have a 30-hr door-to-door trip coming up in a few weeks and my plan is to bring hardboiled eggs, homemade trail mix, apples, jerky, cheese and dark chocolate.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Just go the ten hours without eating. I go for much longer on a regular basis. Eat a hearty meal before you go to the airport and plan to have a meal soon after you get off the plane. Bring some almonds to snack on and call it a day.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    When flying transatlantic last year (Scotland to Utah - 4 flights!) I took a bag of almonds and a bag of macadamia nuts, and a couple of Scotch eggs. I made quite sure I drank loads of water, too. Seemed to work a treat! On the way back, when I didn't have access to a kitchen to prepare for the flight, I made sure that I had plenty of nuts to eat.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    From recent experience the gluten free meals on the plane were also dairy free. That made me sad.

Eggs, bacon and mushrooms were edible, as were the fruit salads. But I couldn't face the muffins, and artificial whitener etc.

I don't think you are allowed to take food internationally, so if you take too much food with you on the plane, it will have to be dumped at the destination.

Fiji Chris is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Recent gluten free meals I had were basically fruit platters, very sugary ones at that with some crappy fake muffin.

Am going back to rations of macadamias, coconut fakes, and some tuna jerky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast