Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reverse Osmosis - Best Home Option?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Concentrace.
    that's what I've been thinking:
    reverse osmosis + add my own minerals > other filtered waters with fluoride, etc.

I take magnesium and selenium already and figured i'd find a way to get more minerals if I switched to RO, looks like this conentrace product may settle it. Thanks Quelsen.

I have a R/O and a friend of mine asked "but what about getting your minerals". I let it slide and didn't say anything. Minerals? Which minerals? Calcium in hard water? Which chemical form of calcium? What about arsenic? That's also a mineral.

If you listen to Robb Wolf and Mat Lalonde PhD (Harvard biochemist) the paleo acid-base argument put forth by Cordain is bunk. The body has methods to adjust its PH one of which the exchange of gases in your lungs
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

I know that this thread is already 3 years old, but it was in google's top 10 search results, which is why I believe that there are many people still finding the thread, just like I did.

Therefore I want to answer the question properly.

First of all fluoride is something we need in our body in very, very small amounts. Btw, some scientists believe, that we need all elements that are out there to a certain degree. Gold for example, if supplemented, enhances your IQ - but that goes too far.

What I am trying to say is that you do not want to filter all elements out of your drinking water except for oxygen and hydrogen in form of H2O or H+ and OH-. And you don't want to get rid of flouride entirely. I doubt that absolutely pure water is healthy to the human body.

What we definitely want to avoid are antibiotics, pharmaceuticals, steroids, ... you name it. And we want to avoid certain bacteria, etc.

If you invest in a reverse osmosis water filtration system, get one that balances pH-levels, as well.

Check out this page for more info.

Don't focus on purity levels too much. Focus on getting rid of all the chemicals that mother nature did not invent, but we did. That are the most harmful ones, trust me.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy1254 View Post
    I know that this thread is already 3 years old, but it was in google's top 10 search results, which is why I believe that there are many people still finding the thread, just like I did.

Therefore I want to answer the question properly.

First of all fluoride is something we need in our body in very, very small amounts. Btw, some scientists believe, that we need all elements that are out there to a certain degree. Gold for example, if supplemented, enhances your IQ - but that goes too far.

What I am trying to say is that you do not want to filter all elements out of your drinking water except for oxygen and hydrogen in form of H2O or H+ and OH-. And you don't want to get rid of flouride entirely. I doubt that absolutely pure water is healthy to the human body.

What we definitely want to avoid are antibiotics, pharmaceuticals, steroids, ... you name it. And we want to avoid certain bacteria, etc.

If you invest in a reverse osmosis water filtration system, get one that balances pH-levels, as well.

Check out this page for more info.

Don't focus on purity levels too much. Focus on getting rid of all the chemicals that mother nature did not invent, but we did. That are the most harmful ones, trust me.
    That's a lot of work to put into a spam post. Still not clicking the bait.
    The Champagne of Beards