Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dietary Cure for Acne page

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member

The Dietary Cure for Acne

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone read the Dietary Cure for Acne? How does it differ from a basic paleo/primal diet?

Does he recommend any opical/natural products for the face?

Any success with it?

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    I can assure you that it's nonsense

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yep. The causes of acne varies so much from person to person it's not even funny. I had pimples eating clean and had perfect skin as a teenager on a junk food vegetarian diet. Pure bunk.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieLover View Post
    Has anyone read the Dietary Cure for Acne? How does it differ from a basic paleo/primal diet?

Does he recommend any opical/natural products for the face?

Any success with it?
    It basically says go paleo. He does not recommend any product.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Yep. The causes of acne varies so much from person to person it's not even funny. I had pimples eating clean and had perfect skin as a teenager on a junk food vegetarian diet. Pure bunk.
    I had a junk food diet my entire childhood. I realize it's not your food, unless you think it is. It's more so emotions you hid, and I've been told to not show my anger and emotions especially by my parents and family while as a child I would always Do something about them and always had fun. That's when My skin was perfect. I'm trying to do the same again.

In short, those old emotions gotta go some how.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Potential causes of acne:
    -Hormonal Imbalances (ranging from puberty to the normal ups and downs of the menstrual cycle!)
    -Immune disorders
    -Greasy skin
    -Poor hygiene
    -High sugar diet
    -High trans-fat diet
    -High junk-food diet
    -Damaged/infected pores (from shaving, usually!)
    -Untreated black-heads
    -Low exercise (can lead to clogged pores)
    -Urban environment (smog, ash, dirt in the air)

Et cetera, et cetera. In many cases going Paleo/Primal or cutting out an allergenic food (so, if you have minor lactose-intolerance, stopping eating dairy) CAN reduce acne. But the key words are "many cases" and "reduce": in some cases, it's just a biological predisposition or an environmental factor you have no control over, in other cases hygiene can clear your skin more than diet can and few solutions will rid you of it entirely.

My acne is less than pre-Paleo, but still there to an extent. Reduce it as much as you can: keep clean, eat well, exercise... But, when it won't reduce any further, just accept yourself. Grok/Grokette wouldn't have minded a healthy, handsome gal/guy who had a few spots!

abstract is offline Junior Member
    I read it and followed its advice to a T for a few months. Actually I still eat that way - avoiding dried fruit, dairy. It didn't really do anything for me. Now I'm taking 1 g Vitamin B5 and 25mg L-Carnitine 3 x a day and that works fairly well.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    In short, those old emotions gotta go some how.
    Interesting perspective.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Interesting perspective.
    I believe it is very much true. Why else do so many kids suddenly get acne in puberty? That's also the time where so many new emotions come about and the at the same time were are told by older figures to never show them; anger, sadness, especially adolescent males are told to always "suck it up" and "don't let them see you sweat". They do suck it up, and the body had to get rid of these on it's own, which it's not meant to do. Unexpressed emotions = skin disease such as acne. It's sign from your body that it can not stay in such a emotional state, that if continued, acne will pursue followed by new disease. Something to look into. When I was a kid I was always happy, and when I had emotions, it was expressed immediately some way or the other.

treborix is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    I believe it is very much true. Why else do so many kids suddenly get acne in puberty?
    Here's my 2c as someone who has experienced two puberties, including the first one in two stages due to puberty blockers.
    I had spots as a child. But they were on my arms and my back. First puberty shifted them to my face and back but I had far more on my back than my first. By the end of my first puberty my emotions were actually higher than during puberty but I had few spots. Actually I had hardly any through the first puberty but certainly even fewer by my late teens/early twenties (even with puberty blockers for a couple of year my puberty had pretty much ended by the time I was 18). Early this year I started hormone therapy to induce male puberty (I'm female-to-male trans) Emotionally I'm more stable now than I was during my first puberty or back when I was in my early twenties, however at times my back has been so covered in spots my housemate says it looks like I have measles, and I've had/have some nasty spots on my face too. Far more than I ever had before.

So in short I like your idea but it doesn't match my experience. My experience is that female puberty moved where I experienced spots. Male puberty gave me much worse spots. And like first time round I'm hoping that soon enough my body will settle down and I won't really get them any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast