Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: New to plan and need advice please :-) page 5

  1. #41
    Sandra in BC's Avatar
    Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,102
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Another thing to add to your list.

    Talking to my daughter today, she recommended agave nector. It doesn't give you the insulin spike, like sugar, honey etc do. Think the wife is going to try some Paleo deserts with it and see it that helps my sweet tooth.

    All About Agave - What is Agave Nectar?

    If you give it some time you'll find that not only does the craving for sweet diminish, your taste buds adjust also. 'Sweet' for the sake of sweet becomes too sweet. The natural sweetness of foods is much tastier than adding sugar or sweeteners to everything. The foods you used to sweeten take on a whole new flavour. There are subtle layers of flavor that went unnoticed under all the sugar. It's like eating clean reawakens your taste buds.

    And consider this... If you don't like a food without the added sweetener, then it's probably the 'sugar' you like not the food itself. ...consider taking it out of your menus for a while. Reintroduce the food without added sweetener in a few weeks.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

    There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

    DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

  2. #42
    clara's Avatar
    clara is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    You could also do this with plantains. They are a great source of carbohydrate, and have less sugar than bananas. I love plantains fried in CO, so yumm! I also slice sweet potato and fry them up in CO, delicious!
    Thank you, i've never tried plantain before, i've never seen it in my regular supermarket so will have to have a good search for some. Always wanted to try it so now is my opportunity.

  3. #43
    clara's Avatar
    clara is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    If you give it some time you'll find that not only does the craving for sweet diminish, your taste buds adjust also. 'Sweet' for the sake of sweet becomes too sweet. The natural sweetness of foods is much tastier than adding sugar or sweeteners to everything. The foods you used to sweeten take on a whole new flavour. There are subtle layers of flavor that went unnoticed under all the sugar. It's like eating clean reawakens your taste buds.

    And consider this... If you don't like a food without the added sweetener, then it's probably the 'sugar' you like not the food itself. ...consider taking it out of your menus for a while. Reintroduce the food without added sweetener in a few weeks.

    I really hope so as my sweet tooth is normally my downfall on every diet i have tried. Fingers crossed for this time :-)

    Thank you for your reply

  4. #44
    paleodutch's Avatar
    paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    264
    Hi, just read this thread and read the advise about the agave sirup. Mark did a blog about it recently in the is this primal section and advised against using it.

  5. #45
    Silvergirl's Avatar
    Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    508
    Oohh, i agree in the plantains. I made plantain chips this week, delicious. Fried in coconut oil. My only problem with them was finding it a bit too snacky. Didn't want to stop.

    Also cook the banana in bacon fat too.

  6. #46
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I really hope so as my sweet tooth is normally my downfall on every diet i have tried. Fingers crossed for this time :-)

    Thank you for your reply
    Just wanted to tell you that before going Primal, I was a complete carbaholic and had a serious addiction to sweets. It's was extremely hard for me to get over that. It has actually taken me several months to get to this point, I still get cravings now and then but I am able to get over them relatively fast and easy now. I just wanted to tell you that if you mess up and have sweets or something off plan, don't get discouraged and throw in the towel. I have found this way of eating to be a process and journey. The longer I stick with it, the more things change and the more I learn about myself, my habits, my body, how I react to certain foods, etc. Just stick with it and give yourself TIME. This was the hardest thing for me, because I'm the kind of person who wants results RIGHT NOW, lol!! I'm not patient. But I've found through sticking it out and some trial and error along the way, that this way of eating is really satisfying and I'm starting to feel really good physically and mentally, and I'm able to go longer and longer now without having off plan foods. If you fall off the wagon, don't fret or get down on yourself. Just pick up and hop right back on.

  7. #47
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Oohh, i agree in the plantains. I made plantain chips this week, delicious. Fried in coconut oil. My only problem with them was finding it a bit too snacky. Didn't want to stop.

    Also cook the banana in bacon fat too.
    I had the same issue. I think next time I make them I will have them as part of my dinner so I won't be tempted to snack on them for hours. Or, you could just make one instead of being like me, and frying up three at a time, lol!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •