Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New to plan and need advice please :-) page 3

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I'm just scared to be eating until full and find I'm way over and I'm going to gain. Last nite a prime example, I ate great all day, and watched to make sure I"m under calorie wise and only ate what I should. In Walmart and I'm starving!!!!!!! I go the bake aisle and get plain Almonds....they're good for you right? Well it's a 300 gram bag, and I end up eating 1/2 of it. There went my caloire count.
    My advise is stop being afraid of eating until you're full. Cook your meats w/ plenty of good fats and increase your veggies at every meal throwing a couple slabs of real butter on them. And don't just eat the leafy stuff. Eat cauli., broc., carrots, squash. They add fiber and "bulk" to your stomach thus increasing that full feeling. I read somewhere that meats also release a chemical reaction that aids in that full feeling as well. I've observed that some people tend to forget about the veggie part of this lifestyle. Not that they don't eat them...just that they don't put as much emphasis as they do on the meats. Good rule of thumb for me is my plate should be 1/2 meat, 1/2 veg. Do this and you get the right kind of carbs, feel satisfied for longer and you'll still lose the weight and not overeat (that 1/2 plate of veg will fill you up quick).
    Last edited by shep68; 10-26-2012 at 11:14 PM.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    No one's mentioned your sadness at losing diet pop yet. So my 2cents are wean yourself off it with carbonated flavored water to carbonated unflavored water. And when I say "flavored" I mean with real lime or lemon - don't get sucked into the ucky sugar-free flavoring chemicals!

clara is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    No one's mentioned your sadness at losing diet pop yet. So my 2cents are wean yourself off it with carbonated flavored water to carbonated unflavored water. And when I say "flavored" I mean with real lime or lemon - don't get sucked into the ucky sugar-free flavoring chemicals!

thanks again everyone for your input and help.

Thanks for this, i'm a real diet coke fan but know it's no great for me so have been weaning myself off it for a while, replacing it with no added sugar squash with water, i'm assuming i'm not allowed this, so can i have regular sparkling water, and add lemon/lime to it??? Am excited about this as i'm not a big fan of still water.

What are peoples feeling about the 2.1 net carb atkins bars i am using at the moment, am having one a day, it's just they are so expensive here in the uk, aroud 6.75 for 5 bars and i have a few to use up.

Hope everyone is having a great day, 7.32am in the uk, up and just about to take my son to football practice then i'm off to body pump (with lots of weights) then followed by Zumba :-)

C

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Clara, not sure if this will help or not. My daughter is a holistic nutrionist (I know, I should listen more to her). I"m a Coke fied as well. She tells me that pop/soda is one of the worst things to put into a person's body. I always argued that I drink diet and caffeine free. She says it's not that, but it's the acid. Apperantly it really screws up your bodies ph balance. I"ve been off diet Coke for over a year now. Can't say I really miss it. I drink a lot of Yerba Mate now as recommended by Tim Ferris in the 4 hour body. Tim also talks about how well artifical sweetners work, that they trick your mind/body to think it's real sugar. There are studies that show that people that drink diet pops/sodas, gain weight over time.

Also, sarasue brings up a good point, carbonated water. I watched an Opra show many years ago with Cher on it. Cher drank carbonated water, she claimed (and when you think of it, she's right) that people don't like the taste of Coke etc, they like the bubbles. Like she said, "no one likes to drink flat Coke". It's true! It's the bubbles.

Go gettem!!!!!!!!!
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Full fat heavy whipping cream is awesome in coffee It is really about the only dairy that remains in my diet, though once in awhile I do have some yummy goat cheese with my eggs/kale/spinach/mushrooms/bacon for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Clara, not sure if this will help or not. My daughter is a holistic nutrionist (I know, I should listen more to her). I"m a Coke fied as well. She tells me that pop/soda is one of the worst things to put into a person's body. I always argued that I drink diet and caffeine free. She says it's not that, but it's the acid. Apperantly it really screws up your bodies ph balance. I"ve been off diet Coke for over a year now. Can't say I really miss it. I drink a lot of Yerba Mate now as recommended by Tim Ferris in the 4 hour body. Tim also talks about how well artifical sweetners work, that they trick your mind/body to think it's real sugar. There are studies that show that people that drink diet pops/sodas, gain weight over time.

Also, sarasue brings up a good point, carbonated water. I watched an Opra show many years ago with Cher on it. Cher drank carbonated water, she claimed (and when you think of it, she's right) that people don't like the taste of Coke etc, they like the bubbles. Like she said, "no one likes to drink flat Coke". It's true! It's the bubbles.

Go gettem!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for this :-)

I'm off to the supermarket soon to stock up on sparkling water and lemons/limes, this change will save me a fortune in money, as well as all the health benefits, i will keep reminding myself of this when i crave one!

C

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Full fat heavy whipping cream is awesome in coffee It is really about the only dairy that remains in my diet, though once in awhile I do have some yummy goat cheese with my eggs/kale/spinach/mushrooms/bacon for breakfast.

I love cream, just always seen it as something for special treats, so this too will be on my shopping list.

Am so glad i found this forum. You all seem so lovely, It's giving me lots of motivation too.

Thanks ladies and gents :-)

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    One person said to start a journal. I did.

Make you a deal. You read mine and I'll read yours! Atleast we won't be writing one to no one. I know I've read numerous times, people that track what they are doing, lose more.

If you start one, let me know. I'll be your number one fan...LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Remember that it is about whole foods, good fatty meats, good fats, good vegetables. While coconut oil/milk/cream/flour are all good, great in fact, you can be perfectly primal without them. Don't let that hang you up if it seems like a problem. Some are able to make the change to Primal all at once, others find it easier to adopt one change at a time.

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For your sweet tooth, keep 85% dark chocolate on hand. I like Black and Green's Organic 85%, myself. Way better than an Atkins Bar. Good Luck.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast