Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to plan and need advice please :-) page 2

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Clara; Mind if I jump in here? I'm in same boat as you but I'm a male just starting. Don't want to hijack your thread but it's a good one to follow and for me to ask questions as well.

With .....your permission.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

clara is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Hi Clara; Mind if I jump in here? I'm in same boat as you but I'm a male just starting. Don't want to hijack your thread but it's a good one to follow and for me to ask questions as well.

With .....your permission.

Hi, not at all, please feel free. Am learning heaps so far from this forum, so glad i decided to post a question!

Wishing you lots of luck of your journey :-)

Ok....after I got raked over the coals for being a moron (I'm sure with love in their hearts) LOL http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread68421.html

I started reading the book. I'm only on 175 of over 500 pages so far. I'm not taking the advice to stay off the internet until I get done the book and have a handle on it. I need to come here, even it's just for a break of reading some of the more technical stuff.

I'm wondering here. I found a site to track my calories etc for the day. ie what I eat, exercise etc. I'm not anywhere near feeling full when I'm just eating "close" to my calorie limit. I"m sure I'll get told not to count calories, maybe not. I'm just scared to be eating until full and find I'm way over and I'm going to gain. Last nite a prime example, I ate great all day, and watched to make sure I"m under calorie wise and only ate what I should. In Walmart and I'm starving!!!!!!! I go the bake aisle and get plain Almonds....they're good for you right? Well it's a 300 gram bag, and I end up eating 1/2 of it. There went my caloire count.

Question is, do I eat to full or do I watch and tough it out

Thanks for letting me in on your parade Clara and best of luck to you as well.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Dont use skim milk, use 3% homo milk with lots of fat in it.

On another note, I think 99% of PT's are retarded. Seeing as how yours suggested this diet though, (s)he mite be a keeper.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Question is, do I eat to full or do I watch and tough it out
    Right from the kindle version....got this for you :

"Never Struggle, Suffer, or Go Hungry: Surround yourself with Primal Blueprint- approved foods and enjoy them as much and as often as you like. Always have a Primal snack nearby to help you through the transition period. That said, respect the Primal philosophy and pay close attention to your hunger levels, eliminating emotional triggers that negatively influence healthy eating. The key is to stop eating not when you are full—by then you’ve had too much—but when you are no longer hungry."

Sisson, Mark (2009-06-01). The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy (p. 102). Primal Nutrition, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

BTW....500 pages!!! WHAT....I feel ripped off. My version only has 271 pages. Did I accidentally buy Primal for Dummys or something?

Maybe I got the one with larger print???????

and what is the kindle version?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Maybe I got the one with larger print???????

and what is the kindle version?
    The wonderful world of (cheaper) electronic books.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Let me just say --- the Primal Blueprint is much more than a "diet"....... in fact, it isn't a diet at all. Its a way of eating and a way of living - and when used properly will result in weight loss and improved health. If you look at this as a diet - thinking once you're at a good weight all bets are off -- then you're wasting your time. This is a lifestyle choice. Its about eating healthy, real foods - and moving your body! walking, sprinting - squating - lifting heavy things - playing and sleeping. But IMO the very core is just eating right - once you start feeling great because you're eating right the rest will follow - you'll naturally feel like being more active.

You can do this! Stay the course - come here for support and guidance - stay off the nutrition forum as much as possible - you'll get lots of confusing info there. Read what MARK writes - and follow his guidance first. And don't listen to the body builder dudes too much. What works for men, doesn't work for women (most of the time). There are some threads for us ladies - try the she-groks page, and there is a couple others as well. One for ladies over 50 - but you're not there yet.

Start a journal -- its a great way to make connections and find a strong support group.

Good luck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Heatherly is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    This way of eating(WOE) is just strange sounding when you come from the low fat, low calories diet world. I know I thought "this could never work!" and here I am - losing weight, feeling great, sleeping great, etc etc.

I still have moments of OMG SO MUCH FAT! But then I get on the scale.......lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks and now another 2 over the last 2 weeks. My workouts are sporadic as I have little kids but I try to get something in a few times a week.

Try it for 30 days and try to avoid all the paleo flours and stuff. Just do meats, veggies, some fruit and nuts/ seeds/ oils. I find all the primal versions of standard diet items like treats and baked goods are just crutches. Stick to the simple, unprocessed stuff.

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee. It was off for a few days but now I love it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast