Thread: Eating paleo is great during the day, but at night I can't help myself... page

Emtropy is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Eating paleo is great during the day, but at night I can't help myself...

Primal Fuel
    deletedm[/url]
    Last edited by Emtropy; 06-12-2014 at 09:42 AM.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Try getting some more fat by drissling olive oil over your salads. Maybe your mom will agree with olive oil being healthy.
    Good snacks for at night are Nuts, olives, pieces of coconut. If you eat a small piece of dark chocolate with coconut it is like a primal bounty
    Great that you are already trying primal at your age

ReclaimtheApex is offline Junior Member
    Ditch lean meats for fattier cuts like beef ribs, pork shoulder, and dark meat chicken. There's no point in eating dry chicken breast when you're already eating butter, eggs, and bacon. If you're scrounging for food then you aren't eating enough protein and fat in your meals. Your fat intake should make up at least more than 50% of your caloric intake. 2nd comes protein, then finish it off with veggies and leaves.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    Then I'll do training. I'm normally hungry after training, so I'll have dinner. Then I find that dinner isn't enough to truly satisfy me. When my mom isn't there, I'll grab a couple of biscuits, maybe some chocolate or something. Basically, it all goes out of the window at night.
    I think that the nutshell for you is finding good 'go to' snack foods. What I find works for me is dark chocolate (the darker the better, even 70% cocoa tastes quite sweet to me now), fruit and nuts. Avoid the chocolate biscuits...

A baked banana with melted chocolate and some cream is pretty awesome.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrady98 View Post
    I've thought about waiting till the end of the season then going fully paleo for 2 months to see if I lose weight. I've thought about trying to do it now. But then I couldn't exercise for long because I wouldn't be keto-adapted. And I have to go to sports, because my parents have booked hotels and everything.
    [/url]
    Remember that being on Paleo is NOT the same as being Keto-adapted. The guidelines for being keto adapted is of course slightly different between different people, but for most it will involve eating less than 50 g of carbs a day and to get about 80% of your caloric intake from fat.

There are a few things you can do in order to have 'healthier' snack foods at home. Boil eggs en masse, and make sure to have some good leftovers in your fridge that you can heat up quickly. Ask your parents to buy avocado when they buy fruits, and experiment with different oils when you have your salads. Also, you should totally have a bigger salad :P

ebrady98 - you don't need to worry about calories or fat here. Your problem is the peanut butter. Once you've triggered the reward center in your brain it will nearly mandate that you keep on eating for the rest of the evening.

Why do you think you need almond butter? Have some beef jerkey - preferably homemade - it's half the price and way better for you. Or any other paleo snack. Definitely stop trying to starve yourself.