Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One New Thing Every Week page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

One New Thing Every Week

Inspired by the "A change is as good as a rest, or better?" thread and goaded by the fact that my next big zero birthday is about 2.5 years away, I'm going to try one new thing per week until I reach that bday.

It can be a new food (which will often be the case for me), a new exercise, a new experience, etc. It doesn't have to be a biggy, just something new.

Does anyone want to join me? If so, this is the place. It doesn't have to be weekly or even monthly, just something new that you did. It doesn't even have to have a positive outcome.

My first one: persimmon. (See, it doesn't have to be earth shattering.)

I was at Whole Foods yesterday, and asking advice from the produce guy on hand, and he noticed that one of the fruits was bruised enough that it most likely wouldn't be purchased. He went and rinsed the fruit and his knife, then came back and cut me a slice. It was wonderful. Sort of like a plum but "creamier." Needless to say, he made a sale.

One down; 129 to go.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    during semesters when i teach, i make this a requirement for my students. i love it.

if we're counting this week, i tried smoked paprika for the first time. i had never seen it before, so i bought some, smelled it, and now it's almost gone because i put it on everything.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I better get on this, my next big zero is nine weeks away. This week I started doing upside down sit-ups.

leighlu is offline Senior Member
    Ground chipolte. Yummy stuff. Great idea joaniel.

Cool, we've got a start.

Spices are an awesome thing to explore and could take one well into next decade.

Upside down sit-ups - I'm guessing you're in excellent shape. Great start!

Thanx Cello; I'm hoping when I get to that 0 bday that I'm vibrating with new experiences. So not only will this thread help to keep me on track about my goal, but hopefully will give all of us some ideas.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    What a neat idea for a thread!

Today I had no new experiences. Tomorrow, though, I am going to a Halloween party and when I'm there I'm determined to flirt (probably awkwardly) with some cute boy I don't know. Although flirting isn't new to me, I haven't done it in 10 years. And it's never been something I did with people I just met - which makes "adult" dating difficult!

How is "Hey, you dressed up like a molecule - that's so cute!" as a pick-up line? Or "Hey, you're that one guy from Game of Thrones... seeexy!" Oh geez, I need practice...

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    What a great idea

Well I'm trying eating nowt but potatoes for a few days, then I will go back to normal primal, then may try a week of nothing but raw food just to see if that works as a hack.
    I also started 7 weeks to 50 pull-ups this week, though it's actaully going to be 21 weeks to get from prep to level 2.

But other than that I'm selling my house and planning on going traveling round the country with wifey and 3 kids in a motor-home for a year or so, visiting hippy commities and woofing and staying on cheap campsites and 'special free sites' too. I think that's enough change and adventure for a while
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

primalrob, I forgot to post that I think it's so cool that you instill such a positive idea in your students.

sarasue624, I think if you haven't flirted in over 10 years, it will indeed be new. Go for it!

Tribal Rob, that's a bunch of new things that are terrific, but the whole sell the house and go around the country with the family? Stellar! I wish my dad had done something like that with us. I've sort of compensated by living in seven different states since adulthood, and I've travelled through or vacationed in 40+ of them. I hope when you do it that you'll either keep a journal here, or do a blog.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I had sardines a few days ago... that was new for me, as I've not had them since I was about 5 or 6 years old.

I'm not sure I can do a new thing each week, but I can certainly make the choice to do the new thing when I have a choice.

PoeticPixe is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    during semesters when i teach, i make this a requirement for my students. i love it.

I'm so "borrowing" this idea for my future students. =) I think this will enthuse children. They love sharing, and it will encourage them to be a bit more adventurous. Thanks for the idea!! I'll make it a point to try something new this week as well.
    Sleep is the best meditation.
    - H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast