Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One New Thing Every Week page 3

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i started convict conditioning today. even though i've done these movements before, i tried them with the new approach from cc, and i was surprised. i'm starting at the very beginning and going slow (cadence), which gave me the opportunity to really notice where things are firing. i even started a training journal to track all of it.
    i'm a little shocked at how much my shoulders burn after doing wall pushups.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm almost embarrassed to post this since it's just not that uncommon a thing.

Spaghetti squash. Loved it. Put it in the oven as most recipes recommend to get it spaghettified. In a pan I mixed up some ground beef, tomato sauce, and mushrooms. Mixed the spaghetti squash in the pan, dumped it all into a small loaf pan. Mixed in some mozz. Topped with mozz. Put back in oven 'til mozz melted. Oh yum.

Since spaghetti was always my least favorite pasta anyway, the squash didn't have to live up to anything. But it is so delicious that I wonder why wheat spaghetti even exists.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I bought some beet salad from WFoods the other day. I knew I could improve on it, so I bought a big honkin' beet. Then the temps went from 86F to the high 60s almost overnight, and I wasn't in the mood for salad. Then someone posted about beet kvass, which I'd never heard of. So, the planet was obviously telling me something. Or I was just desperate to do something with that big honkin' beet.
    I love this thread!! But I have been hearing all about beef heart from several different places so maybe the planet is telling me I need to get some of that! Have no idea what to do with one but maybe I should give it a shot in light of the thread... This primal thing is finally teaching me to cook!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Um... Where am I likely to find a beef heart?
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    What an amazing idea! I am in. Thanks everyone for sharing. Since going paleo I have tried lots of new foods and new ways of cooking. Found out I loved brussel sprouts roasted and cabbage is awesome. I tried Kabocha squash earlier this week. Highly recommend it. May be too late today. But tomorrow I am finding something new.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    This week I embarked on a quest of sobriety. One week in. It was necessary--and I can't say I've ever been happier and calmer about not drinking.

excursivey, I'm guessing a butcher? I don't know about AZ grocery stores and which ones specialize in what. Liver is my organ meat of choice, so I haven't explored that area of food much yet.

valmason01, cool. I'm having fun with the foods, but eventually, I'll have to branch out into a behavior.

Clymb, I'm sure you'll succeed! I drink a little less every month. By the time Mardi Gras ended this year I was in deep doodoo when it came to alcohol consumption. Then I sprained my ankle and was practically bed ridden for a month. More daily consumption (for the pain, yeah that's it ). Now I'm only drinking on the weekends. I feel so much better. Next step is to skip the occasional weekend.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Clymb, I'm sure you'll succeed! I drink a little less every month. By the time Mardi Gras ended this year I was in deep doodoo when it came to alcohol consumption. Then I sprained my ankle and was practically bed ridden for a month. More daily consumption (for the pain, yeah that's it ). Now I'm only drinking on the weekends. I feel so much better. Next step is to skip the occasional weekend.
    Thanks for the support I'm only 22 so it makes it a little difficult, especially when going out with people, but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. And good luck to you in your quest as well!

Oh, and to excursivey, I'm not sure where in AZ you live, but if you're ANYWHERE in the valley you should be near an Asian market, and they have beef heart at those.

Omg. Duck leg comfit. I used this recipe: Easy Duck Confit Recipe | Simply Recipes In addition,. I made french fries in duck fat. Many use the double fry method, but I parboiled the potatoes and then fried them ind duck fat. Totally wonderful. This is a time consuming, but really easy preparation.

If you have acess to chickens that run around all day, this would work fine. Duck "ain't" cheap. But this was yummy as hell.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    valmason01, cool. I'm having fun with the foods, but eventually, I'll have to branch out into a behavior.
    JoanieL thats funny because I had the exact same thought. The behavior is a lot harder There are a lot of things I want to do that I have never done but just can't seem to figure out the first step. Anyway! Today I ate at a new restaurant for lunch..The Tasty Buddah. And I must admit it was very tasty...
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast