Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheese page

fabbycasado is offline Junior Member

Cheese

Shop Now
    What is your position on cheese? How many times a week do you eat it? What types of cheese would be best?

Thanks for your input!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE cheese. Life would not be complete without it. Dairy doesn't bother me digestively, but if I eat too much, it irritates my sinuses.

I get artisan cheese made from organic whole milk from local cows. It's made just a few miles from my house.

Even though I love cheese, I don't eat a lot of it. I'm a small person and my daily caloric level for weight maintenance is pretty low. I might have an ounce of cheese a day, on average. Sometimes I go several days and don't have any, then I'll have a cheesy meal with 4 or 5 ounces.

"Velveeta" and "Kraft singles" aren't cheese and should be banned to the lowest level of hell.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    There are no carbs. Eat as much as you want

egrok is offline Member
    <3 row cow's milk cheese, garlic and herb. my local grocery store sells it. soo yummy!!

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatlesFan View Post
    There are no carbs. Eat as much as you want
    that's a really bad response. oy vey.

cheese tastes really good, and is very calorie dense. enjoy it.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fan of cheese, but go for the high quality stuff and watch it if your goals are weight loss since some are pretty dense in calories and highly palatable which can lead to overeating. Ever put a good cheese on a ribeye and some vegetables? It's so good that it should be illegal.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cheese. Yes. My position is that if dairy doesn't bother you, eat the most quality cheese you can afford as often as your body can afford it (calorie wise).

Yesterday, my one meal was a goat cheese that's sort of like brie on the outside, but like fresh goat cheese on the inside, accompanied by pate rustique which is made from pork liver. I'd never tried pate from pork liver before - it was pretty good, but very different from the smooth lovely chicken liver pate I'm used to.

I agree with Goldie on the Velveeta and Kraft singles, and would like to also send anything spelled with a "z" straight to hell. There is no Z in cheese.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I eat 150-200 g goats/sheeps/buffalo cheese daily.

It's super-nutritious and great value for money cf 'meat'.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

KV8R is online now Senior Member
    I eat cheese almost daily, and still lose weight. I like Kerrygold Dubliner. Melt it on burgers, or over steaks. Eat it raw, whatever. I love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    I eat cheese almost daily, and still lose weight. I like Kerrygold Dubliner. Melt it on burgers, or over steaks. Eat it raw, whatever. I love the stuff.
    Dubliner is amazing. If you're going to eat cheese,this is def one to get.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast