Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheese page 4

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimNKY View Post
    Brilliant! Now I want an egg and bacon breakfast sandwich with crispy cheese wafer for the "bread."
    Thinly sliced hard parmesan, fried and then cooled, is a crispy wafer! And perfect with eggs and bacon!

I have a pot of primal chili simmering on the stove or this would be tonight's dinner!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    I still lose weight eating cheese and it doesn't tip the balance on my digestion so I still have it! Usually parmesan (because of the lower lactose) but I also looove mozzarella in my omelets.

I definitely have a point where it's too much though. That's why a small amount of cheese, and maybe some full fat cottage cheese, is basically my limit. Sometimes I try and reintroduce greek fermented yoghurt but I start getting sore tummies.

I don't know how to compare the cheese I eat over here to the cheese everyone else is eating though! Such different brands and whatnot. We are like the dairy farming capital of the world (in our own eyes, at least) so hopefully that means our quality is high (or so I tell myself)
    Perhaps you have some celtic roots like me?

I'd say that eating more cheese has considerably aided weight loss for me. Probably because I am pescatarian so it has upped my sat fat intake considerably. Also the vitamin and mineral profile of goat's cheese (that's mostly what I eat) is not to be sneezed at.

I eat quite a bit of buffalo mozzarella too.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

fabbycasado is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all your answers! I have a few more questions though, I currently want to lose weight so what I've read is that I'm better off eating white cheeses (like mozzarella, feta, etc)? What would be the differences in caloric/carbs/fat terms between white cheeses, yellow cheeses (edam, munster, manchego) and cheeses like brie and camembert?

Thank you very much for your input!!

glutenfreewarrior is offline Junior Member
    Cheese makes me constipated.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's a good site ---> Nutrition Data where you can put in any food and get the nutritional information (calories, fat grams, etc.)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234