Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheese page 3

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JennGlob View Post
    My 10 year old and I love the Dubliner cheese. I just bought another Kerrygold cheese this week the Reserve cheddar. It is very good, my 12 year old and husband will eat it too.

I'll have to track it down and try some.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I live not far from Cheddar Gorge, thus I have lots of super tasty artisan cheeses available, even goat's and sheep's cheddars. Cheddar with cider is one of my favourites. Yes, I gorge on goat's cheddar.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cheekymonster is offline Junior Member
    I like to throw some almonds in a fry pan then shred cheddar or other cheese over it. Let it all melt then cool a bit. The cheese hardens and it makes a big crispy nut wafer. When I am craving a crispy snack this is great! This morning I cut up okra and did the same thing for an okra breakfast wafer with eggs.

KimNKY is offline Member
    I eat a bit of cheese (trying to estimate about 1 cubic inch for Paleotrack) about every other day. I like a sharp cheddar or cheddar-jack but will occasionally splurge on a ball of fresh mozzarella. I also like a good blue cheese on salad.

KimNKY is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekymonster View Post
    I like to throw some almonds in a fry pan then shred cheddar or other cheese over it. Let it all melt then cool a bit. The cheese hardens and it makes a big crispy nut wafer. When I am craving a crispy snack this is great! This morning I cut up okra and did the same thing for an okra breakfast wafer with eggs.
    Brilliant! Now I want an egg and bacon breakfast sandwich with crispy cheese wafer for the "bread."

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    Cheese is a type of meat so it's fine;

I <3 The Mighty Boosh and good cheese!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I live not far from Cheddar Gorge, thus I have lots of super tasty artisan cheeses available, even goat's and sheep's cheddars. Cheddar with cider is one of my favourites. Yes, I gorge on goat's cheddar.
    Gorge on chedda - oh that's so punny
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Cheese. Oh how bitter-sweet our relationship is. On the one hand, I could eat you for every meal without thinking twice. I could sprinkle you on my ice cream for God's sake. On the other hand... I reeaaaaaaaallly want that six pack I've been working towards.

Cheese basically puts the brakes on weight loss for me ;(
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    I still lose weight eating cheese and it doesn't tip the balance on my digestion so I still have it! Usually parmesan (because of the lower lactose) but I also looove mozzarella in my omelets.

I definitely have a point where it's too much though. That's why a small amount of cheese, and maybe some full fat cottage cheese, is basically my limit. Sometimes I try and reintroduce greek fermented yoghurt but I start getting sore tummies.

I don't know how to compare the cheese I eat over here to the cheese everyone else is eating though! Such different brands and whatnot. We are like the dairy farming capital of the world (in our own eyes, at least) so hopefully that means our quality is high (or so I tell myself)
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    Cheeze - Halmoumi, deeped fried = WIN (but not primal lol unless grok had a deep fryer...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast