Thread: 1 year old son and pregnant wife going Primal? page

csalas is offline Junior Member

1 year old son and pregnant wife going Primal?

Primal Fuel
    I have started being Primal, and as a father and husband, I want my family to be healthy and strong. So, here are my questions:

1) My One-year-old son: Should I give him a primal diet, seeing as how he is a human and Grok undoubtedly had young children?

2) Should my pregnant wife go primal, seeing as how Grokette undoubtedly was pregnant from time to time, though she needs lots of nutrients?

I have realized though that if I stick with this, and have positive results, that eventually the rest of my family will surely jump on the bandwagon.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Sure. Mark's got quite a few posts about exactly this issue. Just run some appropriate search words through the search bar on the main site, and you'll probably find information galore. I have no idea how the transition from non-primal to primal would affect a pregnant woman or a fetus, but for myself I would greatly prefer being on primal during the pregnancy.

mamagault is offline Member
    We went primal 15 months ago - when I was 34 weeks pregnant with our youngest, and I had been on bedrest for a month. It was the best thing for our whole family. At that time, we had a 2.5 year old, a 6 year old, 8 year old, and a 10 year old. The changes in the younger children were amazing, and the older two say they feel better, too.

To specifically address your concerns...
    1) Our youngest is a year old, and has been primal from the start. He gets breastmilk and now whatever the rest of us eat. His favorite foods are liver, soft-cooked carrots, bananas, and scrambled eggs. He is healthy (had his first round of antibiotics just before his birthday, but no illnesses prior to that) and growing well both physically and mentally.
    2) The primal diet is a much more nutrient-dense diet than a standard American diet. Your pregnant wife will get enough nutrients with the primal diet, which also translates to the in-womb baby getting good nutrition through her.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My son has been primal since he was about. . . 2? I would have made him primal at 1 if we would have gone there. It's no problem at all.

For the pregnant lady, it's up to her, isn't it?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I can't see how eating fresh, unprocessed food not laden with chemicals can be bad for either your wife or child.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member