Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The whole bulky woman thing page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    OMG, OMG, I want to be bulky, but I have no desire to be butch if we use the definition from the pic posted. I guess, what i am trying to say, I love to have as much muscle as possible, and as little fat as possible. Is not that everyone's wet dream, male or female anyhow?

Yeah, I did all the stuff Choco posted, for years, and I managed to get a bit better arms. Fat doesn't go away from the female figure by lifting. Even female BB have problems stripping the fat off, and they are genetically gifted and on drugs.

Anyway, I just want to see in the mirror all the hours spent deadlifting and squating and pressing....
    Last edited by Leida; 10-26-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    OMG, OMG, I want to be bulky, but I have no desire to be butch if we use the definition from the pic posted. I guess, what i am trying to say, I love to have as much muscle as possible, and as little fat as possible. Is not that everyone's wet dream, male or female anyhow?
    You would be surprised how many women are terrified of having muscle.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    That's because they confuse skinny with firm. If you drill a woman on diet dow to the core, it will come out that what she really wants is to be muscular (firm) with little fat. Normally, they express it as: I don't want to get bulky, you know, but just to tone up.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Women, in general, are completely clueless when it comes to fitness. The fitness industry had to literally invent an entire word (toning) because women are not smart. They want all the results, but don't want to put in the time and effort. Wait, scratch that. They often put in more than enough time, i.e. hours on the elliptical, but not any effort.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    sb, maybe it would helpful if you posted a picture of "the look" you'd like to achieve.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    TBH I enjoy being muscular and curvy. I don't aspire to being thin and muscular, or thin, period. I have small bones and am short so I don't look butch. But I enjoy being strong and healthy and don't aspire to having little fat, as that would make me less healthy.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatlesFan View Post
    Women, in general, are completely clueless when it comes to fitness. The fitness industry had to literally invent an entire word (toning) because women are not smart. They want all the results, but don't want to put in the time and effort. Wait, scratch that. They often put in more than enough time, i.e. hours on the elliptical, but not any effort.
    That was a really rude thing to say and couldn't be further from the truth. You are obviously not smart making that kind of generalization. Yes, there are some women who won't touch weights because they have been given the wrong kind of information about what lifting weights can do for a woman's body. It has nothing to do with them not being smart and not wanting to put effort in. I wouldn't touch weights when I was younger because I was misinformed, but don't you dare kid yourself into thinking that I put in no effort. Women put in incredible amounts of effort to fit into the mold that society says we should fit in to be physically attractive.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    That was a really rude thing to say and couldn't be further from the truth. You are obviously not smart making that kind of generalization. Yes, there are some women who won't touch weights because they have been given the wrong kind of information about what lifting weights can do for a woman's body. It has nothing to do with them not being smart and not wanting to put effort in. I wouldn't touch weights when I was younger because I was misinformed, but don't you dare kid yourself into thinking that I put in no effort. Women put in incredible amounts of effort to fit into the mold that society says we should fit in to be physically attractive.
    +1
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, I'd love to look like Xena, but I am not tall enough or broad-shouldered enough. So I just focus on making my 5'4" self as badass as I can. Weights help. Especially really heavy ones (cause what's the point if they're not heavy?).

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatlesFan View Post
    You could say the same thing about men always doing curls for the girls in the squat rack.....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast