Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simmering Resentments page 2

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    The real problem is that it's just not that complicated and too many people are trying to monetise the idea on the web. I still kill some time here but have found I do better by just getting on with it. You really can overthink primal/paleo very easily.
    +1. Too many people hawking too many products. Greed does ugly things to friends, colleagues and families.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    The real problem is that it's just not that complicated and too many people are trying to monetise the idea on the web. I still kill some time here but have found I do better by just getting on with it. You really can overthink primal/paleo very easily.
    I agree.
    Well said.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    +1. Too many people hawking too many products. Greed does ugly things to friends, colleagues and families.
    +2. It's really, really simple, which means the only way anyone's going to make any money on it now is by trying to convince you they have a "spin" (which most of them don't). I've given up on new paleo books because there just ain't much more to be said. I like cookbooks, and I'll sometimes buy one, but most of them are also turning into regurgitation, too. Which is the way of most cookbook "trends", after a time.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    To return to better things -- here's that Times article. Well worth reading:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/ma...pagewanted=all
    An enjoyable article about an enjoyable life that sounds wonderful. I really like the part about getting up late, napping, and staying up late. It sounds so relaxed. They didn't say what they ysed for light at night. I do think the community life is a big factor.

greatwater111 is offline Junior Member
    barely suppressed anger or other strong emotion:she was simmering with resentment.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    THIS!

I had to seriously cut back my time on the interwebs reading primal/paleo/Chris Kresser, because I swear to Jesus, I was becoming a hypochondriac. You can become extremely obsessive living this way. I realized my stress levels were escalating and no matter how well I ate, this wasn't helping!

Get on with it indeed! Relax, meditate, be with friends and family.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12