Thread: hungry often page

PandaRose is offline Member

hungry often

Primal Fuel
    I've been happily back to eating primal for about a week. I notice that I get hungry again quickly though. I feel as though I am eating plenty of fat and calories as once. When I am done a meal I feel full, but then am surprised to feel hungry again like an hour later. I'm not complaining about it but just wondering why. Is it that my digestion is just working super effectively? However, I thought protein and fat took a long time to digest and that fat burns slowly. Thoughts?

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Are you male or female ?
    How tall are you, how active are you ?
    Do you know roughly how many calories you eat on a given day ?
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

I'm 5'3, female, 110lbs. I am pretty active- go for 2 walks a day while carrying my 9 month old. I also either do yoga, swim, run, or something like that daily. I also breastfeed. I have no idea how many calories I eat but I feel like it's a lot...I don't hold back too much

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    I'm 5'3, female, 110lbs. I am pretty active- go for 2 walks a day while carrying my 9 month old. I also either do yoga, swim, run, or something like that daily. I also breastfeed. I have no idea how many calories I eat but I feel like it's a lot...I don't hold back too much
    You are burning major calories. How often is DC nursing? You may need a small snack after each nursing session for a while. Be sure, also, that you are drinking enough water.

thank you. he nurses ALL the time! he still refuses solids mostly, and is strictly boob

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    thank you. he nurses ALL the time! he still refuses solids mostly, and is strictly boob
    I hear breast feeding burns a lot of calories. Put it this way. When my sister did it she was in better shape after breast feeding than she was before she even got pregnate!

Also realize that hunger has a lot to do with what you are used to. So if you change your pattern of meal size or frequency it will take a few weeks to get used to the schedule.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Breast feeding--there is your answer! This is very general, but nursing moms need about 500 extra calories/day, especially if you have a baby that nurses a lot. Eat up! If you don't get enough nutrients/calories your milk supply will suffer.