Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a.......spoon full of sugar! page 3

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always wondered, if fructose was really so bad, wouldn't we see frutarians dropping like flies? I'm not saying they're healthy people, but they don't seem to have trouble losing weight on the diet and of all the health issues if seen with the diet, liver problems weren't one of them.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Screamer is offline Member
    Thanks guys n gals, to be honest i don't desperately need that sugar in my coffee, and drink black herbal teas all the time, but when it comes to a good old cup of british tea, then i'm having milk in it lol so may try the RAW full fat milk or buy some cream for those special occasions

I'm so intrigued about this butter in coffee thing!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't HAVE to be butter in the coffee if you go that route. Some people use coconut oil and others, an official MCT oil.

I suggest you experiment with both the coconut oil and the butter to see which one you prefer, just for taste's sake.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I agree with all of your points. However, I am also a big proponent of "if he wants a little sugar" let him have it. This is why I suggested the "healthier" sugar alternatives. Each of us has to decide for themselves which risks they are or are not willing to take, and if he wants to eat a little sugar, why bother him about it?

I do my best to cut the majority of sugar from my diet, but if others want to consume their sugar, let them.

Just look at all of the folks here who swear by eating fruit by the truckload and seem to have perfectly fine weight and liver function. And they're CERTAINLY getting over their "15 grams" of daily fructose that is "safe" for us.

I'm not bothering him, I'm simply giving a suggestion that nobody else made and a reason for that suggestion.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    I always wondered, if fructose was really so bad, wouldn't we see frutarians dropping like flies? I'm not saying they're healthy people, but they don't seem to have trouble losing weight on the diet and of all the health issues if seen with the diet, liver problems weren't one of them.
    You have to eat a lot of fruit to that much fructose. Plus the fruit comes with fiber which slows absorption. Some of it you won't even absorb. A percentage of people don't have the enzyme Fructokinase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in their intestines so they won't even absorb fructose. It makes them feel bad. But the more fructose you eat over time the better the body gets at making this enzyme. Fructose is the main culprit in metabolic syndrome and obesity Opposing effects of fructokinase C and A isoforms on fructose-induced metabolic syndrome in mice

Losing weight still comes down to calories in to calories out. A person can loose weight on a diet of Twinkies. But fructose increases the appetite and cause a person to crave more food Fructose Metabolism By The Brain Increases Food Intake And Obesity, Review Suggests
    not to mention its hard on the kidneys Fructose, but not dextrose, accelerates the progression of chronic kidney disease
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123