Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The L-Sit challenge - in your chair! page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

The L-Sit challenge - in your chair!

Shop Now
    For those who aren't doing the plank challenge, here's another option! Time yourself on this. Find a chair with solid arms about shoulder-width apart. Sit in it. Scoot forward a few inches, clench your butt and stick those legs straight out, and grab the rails of the chair to your sides, as far back as your rib cage. Now lift yourself, keeping those legs straight out, elbows almost straight but still stabilized. You'll feel your back engage to keep your arms down. You'll notice your hands are below your butt. Make sure to flex those stabilizers all around your rotator cuff. Keep those toes pointed at the wall, or at least your legs parallel to the ground. Stay up as long as you can, in the best form you can. How did you do?

I can only go 15 seconds today! But I'm going to keep greasing the groove and let's see how much I can increase it in the next month. Anybody want to try this with me? Maybe after the plank-off if you're already on that?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm... I can do the move just fine if I have my knees bent at 90 degrees. With my knees locked I can only have my legs at a 45 degree angle to the floor, not parallel to it. What's the problem here, a lack of flexibility (and if so what should I work on) or a lack of core strength - or both?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zilog View Post
    Hmmm... I can do the move just fine if I have my knees bent at 90 degrees. With my knees locked I can only have my legs at a 45 degree angle to the floor, not parallel to it. What's the problem here, a lack of flexibility (and if so what should I work on) or a lack of core strength - or both?
    that's definitely due to core strength, or strength in other areas. the L-sit is by no means easy to do; it works the shoulders, triceps, hands, core, legs, and all the little tiny things in between, like hip flexors. start with the bent legs and work up to holding your legs out straight. start with legs at 90 degrees. when you can hold that for about 15 seconds, only bend them to 45. then move to straight leg. soon enough you'll do them right from the floor.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I do these regularly as part of my Trifecta stretch from CC, my biggest issue is tightness in the lower back/hamstrings which I am trying to ease up. I an easily get my palms to the floor when trying a toe-touch stretch but that is allowing my back to curve. Any pointers on increasing the flexibility for L-sit would be great.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Sure I'm in...I'll test right now. But, before that I wanted to let you know about another degree of difficulty for the upper body. My uncle showed it to me way back when. You need to start indian style, then lift yourself with arms ( I have to do fingertips for clearance) legs and butt in air now. Then you lean forward rotating the legs under yourself without letting the touch and press it into a handstand! Now walk as far as you can!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Only got to 15 seconds also (slow ass 15 seconds).....my "weak link" seemed to actually be the hip flexors. That seemed to give before arms or core. Will be interesting to see if we can get it to a minute! Thats my unofficial goal.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    only 5 seconds here, but not sure if I am doing it correctly. I could only hold them out straight for 5 seconds, then on an angle for another 3. I have a ways to go !!!!!!!
    I am gonna be old, grey, wrinkled and ripped if I keep at it with all these challenges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Diogenes is offline Member
    My plank is up to 2 minutes and I'd rather go through 15 seconds of agony than 3 minutes of discomfort. So I gave it a try.

10 seconds, legs not straight, swaying all over... Nowhere to go but up, right?

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    I got 3.25. My hands hurt before my muscles give out, but that happens when I do it on the rings, too. I guess I just don't have enough padding in the heel of my hands. Gets all tingly in the fingers.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    30, but I tend to count a little fast when I'm tired.

My right quadricep almost twisted into a knot, like it does when I'm strict about my pistol squat form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast