Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut water page

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member

Coconut water

Shop Now
    I really love the stuff, I could probably drink it all day but I only allow myself to have one glass a day after my workout. I always dilute with half water because it tends to be quite sweet.

Anyone else love coconut water?

i also love it .i usually take it regularly during summer season

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I love it after a particularly sweaty workout, like hot yoga. I, too, think it can be too sweet. I usually buy a small one and pour it into my large waterbottle, then fill the rest of the way with plain water.

Funny story: I was at the Whole Foods for lunch the other day, and they had a sample guy near the front door offering free bottles of coconut water. He offered me one and I took a gander at the sugar count, because I'd already had some carby food that day. I saw that the bottle was 24g of sugar and said "Not today, but thanks for offering!" And the guy immediately got an incredibly sour look his face and demanded, "Well what's wrong with it?" Yeesh, dude... work on your sales pitch, there.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    lol!!! Take it personal much? He acts like he was in the back of the store personally draining the coconuts himself, lol!!!

Screamer is offline Member
    lol do you guys have vitacoco over there? That's what we have here which is apparently 100% coconut water. Anything else i've seen in cans etc is full of sugar though and barely coconut at all!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    yay screamer - love the name..... implies so much !!!!!! in a positive way !!!!!

G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Screamer is offline Member
    Lolol yes, my name usually does! Perhaps in Grok's time i would have been the caller to the other clans or tribes with my massive vocals

MattG is offline Junior Member
    I love coconut water! Nothing better than being at the beach and having fresh/cool coconut water straight from the coconut! I wish I could have it everyday here... Vita Coco is my favorite substitute here. I have noticed that I've bought a couple of cases that are no longer from Brazil and they don't taste as good to me. They are from Indonesia and have a different taste.

A tip for nursing mothers: The more coconut water my wife drinks, the better her supply is!
    Last edited by MattG; 10-26-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
    lol do you guys have vitacoco over there? That's what we have here which is apparently 100% coconut water. Anything else i've seen in cans etc is full of sugar though and barely coconut at all!
    Uh, coconut water itself is FULL of sugar. Natutal or not. It may not be a lot compared to a can of soda, but even post workout you might be better eating a sweet potato or some squash if you feel you really need some post-workout carbs. Better nutrient levels anyway.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I will use it in the same context as a sport drink, for rehydration and electrolytes after extended intense exercise. It's not something I consume daily.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast