Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut water page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I will use it in the same context as a sport drink, for rehydration and electrolytes after extended intense exercise. It's not something I consume daily.
    Just remember... Eat your calories for the most part, don't drink them. The body doesn't compensate for liquid calories because they don't truly fill it up.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Just remember... Eat your calories for the most part, don't drink them. The body doesn't compensate for liquid calories because they don't truly fill it up.
    Wow, how did I lose nearly 40 pounds without that stellar advice? I have said the same thing in other threads. The point is the context: only after extended intense exercise (hiking for hours up a mountain on a hot day, for example) and not daily. I'm pretty sure 80 calories worth of coconut water in that context isn't a problem. People will down hundreds of calories in bulletproof coffee without a thought, but dear god don't drink a little coconut water.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Wow, how did I lose nearly 40 pounds without that stellar advice? I have said the same thing in other threads. The point is the context: only after extended intense exercise (hiking for hours up a mountain on a hot day, for example) and not daily. I'm pretty sure 80 calories worth of coconut water in that context isn't a problem. People will down hundreds of calories in bulletproof coffee without a thought, but dear god don't drink a little coconut water.
    I didn't say you should NEVER drink a little coconut water. You took me entirely out of context. I was just warning for the people out there who might have been thinking the stuff is perfectly fine. And the answer is yes but with an "if."

And the difference with the bulletproof coffee is that the coffee is filled with fat which will undoubtedly make you feel more satiated (and for far longer) than a quick rush of carbs would.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    And you responded to my post that described an appropriate context with a lecture about calories. Perhaps your reply would have been better addressed to someone who didn't explicitly state when it's good to consume it and make clear they weren't doing so daily?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Brian Nametko is offline Junior Member
    I love coconut water too! Zico now has a bunch of newer flavors besides the original. My favorite is the chocolate. You have to acquire a taste to it though. It's kind of like green tea, the very first time you're not really sure if you like it until you have more again and again.

Brian Nametko
    http://seekingalpha.com/user/7764481/profile

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    LOVE it Anyone else drink it fresh out of the nut? In India and SE Aisa they sell them on the side of the streets - they literally chop off the top of the coconut in front of you, give you a straw, and bam. Refreshment as nature intended
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Vanilland is offline Junior Member
    I tried fresh cocout water out of green coconut, I'm wondering if canned water tastes the same so I'm going to try it. Here's the link to organic coconut organic coconut water that my friend recommended me. I've heard many times that its the best natural alternative to sports drinks so its good to drink after working out.
    Last edited by Vanilland; 08-26-2013 at 04:29 AM.

KiteKasia is offline Senior Member
    I love it too, but only from a fresh coconut, so have it very rarely while on exotic holiday :-)

laurathegoth is offline Member
    I love Vitacoco But it's soooo expensive! I have it occasionally as a treat, much the same way as I might have a carton of fancy fruit juice. And if I were planning a long run or long sesh in the gym then it would be my "energy" drink of choice. But that's not often, so no problem.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Love the stuff and since there are now 3 or competing brands in my area the price is coming down. The newest is Coconut Water We also have Zico, Naked, Vita

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast