Thread: fat adaption page

Jhcowan is offline Junior Member

fat adaption

Primal Fuel
    I have finally reached fat adaption, and am now RARELY hungry. Do you need less food once you become fat adapted? I still have fat to lose, so I don't want to starve myself, but just wondering on how much food. Should I listen to my body or eat about 3 meals anyway? Also, when doing an IF should you eat more after the fast to compensate for lost calories? Thanks.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Fat is the most dense source of calories, and it burns slowly, so it's no surprise you eat less.

If you aren't hungry, chances are you're doing the right thing by not eating. Never force yourself to eat.

if you want to loss your fat then you better go for jim and take less oily things

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honestboy640 View Post
    if you want to loss your fat then you better go for jim and take less oily things

nicolecoxo is offline Junior Member
    it burns slowly, so it's no surprise you eat less.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    WHEN

When

Hunger

Ensues

Naturally

Eat when you are hungry and not before or after. Learn to listen to your body. It does a surprisingly good job of regulating itself. If you are not hungry it is probably because you are utilizing fat stores for energy which is extremely efficient and the body KNOWS it doesn't need as much food.

Don't worry, you'll find that eventually you'll get hungry and want a meal and you'll eat. And as you lean out, your body has less fat to draw from and you'll need more calories from which to draw energy. So listen to your body and let your body tell you if you need more or fewer calories.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You don't need less food/fewer calories when you become fat-adapted, you are just able to hear your hunger signals accurately. So yes, if you are not hungry, don't eat as much. Your body is still chowing down, but from your fat store! Yay! I don't know about you, but I love it when they're having a sale.