Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Potatoes For Weight Loss and Health page 8

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Haha great thread man, I've been waiting to have some real "monitored" datas on this whole potato crash diet.
    A guy who looks great and has real notions of BF% and aestheticism will have many interesting things to come with concerning this hack.

Haha, it will convince me on whether or not I should try it.

Go on, man
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    Really? People have been arguing throughout that it's all about soluble and insoluble fibre and not some potato / rice specific effect? So, people have been saying that you can achieve the same results with an essential fatty acid protein cocktail as long as you load up on metamucil to swell the stomach and slow gastric emptying? I honestly missed that. It may have been buried somewhere in the middle of the thread.
    Huh? I'm really confused. Who said that? You have an amazing gift for reading things that are nowhere on the page.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    A guy who looks great and has real notions of BF% and aestheticism will have many interesting things to come with concerning this hack.

Haha, it will convince me on whether or not I should try it.
    If I looked great already, I wouldnt have to do it. While the outcome may be interesting, I just dont see how it could compare to an overweight person's outcome. It would be like apples to oranges. Although.... it still might help with learning if there are other benefits in play and not just a quick hack for fat loss. Like maybe it might be another hack to fasting, sort of like sauerkraut is a fasting hack. The lack of protein might still force your body to clean house, while providing it satiety from an actual food unlike an absolute water fast that most likely leaves you hungry.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    The only thing that it could indicate is the degree of muscle preservation and fat loss.
    IMO, it's the key component of the potential interest about this hack/crash diet.

Or if someone really overweight had the tools to measure his bf% efficiently, he should track it.
    Again I'm especially concerned about what this hack can do to someone who's already on the "lean side" (it depends on what you put behind the word "lean"). For example at the moment I'm about 14% (been much lower in the past but my different health problems led me to put on a bit of fat) and if I could use this hack to quickly go down to say 10 or 11% it would be pretty cool.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    Oh my... IIii am the one that suggested sweet potatoes are better for your gut. ;-) I say that because when I used to eat potatoes, my stomach would hurt. Not just "bloated", but hurt. I thought perhaps this happened with a lot of people, especially since they are forbidden on diets geared toward healing your gut. I ate some potatoes the other day and guess what? The same thing happened. But I did realize it doesn't matter whether it's a potato or a sweet potato... It still hurts. Perhaps the skin is problematic. THAT is all... Not like I was implying doing it with sweet potatoes would make it "healthy" by any means, just that it might not cause stomach discomfort, as I experienced in the past... Lets not read between the lines here. ;-) And 1+ for that vodka fast.....!

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Oh my... IIii am the one that suggested sweet potatoes are better for your gut. ;-) I say that because when I used to eat potatoes, my stomach would hurt. Not just "bloated", but hurt. I thought perhaps this happened with a lot of people, especially since they are forbidden on diets geared toward healing your gut. I ate some potatoes the other day and guess what? The same thing happened. But I did realize it doesn't matter whether it's a potato or a sweet potato... It still hurts. Perhaps the skin is problematic. THAT is all... Not like I was implying doing it with sweet potatoes would make it "healthy" by any means, just that it might not cause stomach discomfort, as I experienced in the past... Lets not read between the lines here. ;-) And 1+ for that vodka fast.....!
    Potato skins contain the anti-nutrients. You are definitely better off not eating them. As for sweet vs. not, the principal difference is that you get more simple sugars in the sweet potato, hence the name and flavor difference, and that sugar tends to be maltose, two glucose molecules stuck together.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I think what pklopp is doing is pretty awesome. Like Neckhammer, I wish he was doing was just potatoes without added protein, but it's pklopp's choice.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing the results.

PS I just checked out your website and couldn't find any information under "The Method" or "The Madness." Glitch or have you not posted there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hebsie View Post
    ...no need to add in another food group (dairy) -- True Protein just added a new protein product to their list a few months back.
    One 30g scoop of potato protein provides 28.4g (95%) of pure potater proteins!

European Potato Protein Isolate

Amino Acid Profile
    Per 100 grams
    Alanine 2.5
    Arginine 4.8
    AsparticAcid 1.31
    Cystine 2.4
    GlutamicAcid 7.9
    Glycine 5.7
    Histidine 1.8
    Isoleucine 5.9
    Leucine 9.8
    Lysine 7.6
    Methionine 1.1
    Phenylalanine 7
    Proline 5.4
    Serine 4.8
    Threonine 4.7
    Tryptophan 1.5
    Tyrosine 5.5
    Valine 8.6

I want everyone to try this......and I want everyone to use my discount code when ordering...hebs

Get 5% off your True Protein order today!
    At checkout use discount code DEH117
    I'm thinking egg whites and albacore tuna, with some scallions for some interesting hash brown / potato burger effect. I'd rather stick to real food to the extent possible since the volume of food does play a role here. And yes, this does deviate from the orthodoxy, but it is my experiment after all.

-PK

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Actually, to refer to the poster on page 1, I can't wait to eat plain, boiled potatoes once my carb-up starts after 5 days of keto-depletion! But, then again, I am always an odd-ball. I start my carb-up with banana-egg white before and after workout, then white rice, then have a baked non-gluten breakfast then spend a day eating plain boiled potatoes with vinegar, dill & sauerkraut. Next day it's non-fat greek yogurt and fruit and honey day, YUM!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    I think what pklopp is doing is pretty awesome. Like Neckhammer, I wish he was doing was just potatoes without added protein, but it's pklopp's choice.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing the results.

PS I just checked out your website and couldn't find any information under "The Method" or "The Madness." Glitch or have you not posted there yet?
    No ... I got sidetracked in this thread ... sigh. I will flesh those out soon.

-PK

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast