Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Potatoes For Weight Loss and Health page 11

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Great, can't wait to see the results.

Your maintenance kcal sound quite low for a male though pk...
    Don't you exercise, too ? Because if you do it's even more the case to me...

How tall are you ? oO
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    The grand experiment started today ...!

All Potato Diet | Just another pklopp site
    Yup, I'm following too. May not comment much (making more username/passwords), but I'll be there.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Great, can't wait to see the results.

Your maintenance kcal sound quite low for a male though pk...
    Don't you exercise, too ? Because if you do it's even more the case to me...

How tall are you ? oO
    The kcal are low, and we will have to see how we go. At this point, I'm committed to at least one week, then reevaluate.

I'm 6' tall, or I think 183 cms?

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

I was talking about your pretended maintenance kcal, or 2000 kcal.
    Could just be me though.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    I'm following too pk.... just finished second day and putting my results into my journal here. No protein with mine.
    I'm interested to see why some people don't lose on this.
    Any ideas?

He's not talking about glucose, temmeyhpettti, he's talking about its pretended "magical" effects in terms of body recomposition, with fat loss and muscle preserving.

I was talking about your pretended maintenance kcal, or 2000 kcal.
    Could just be me though.
    One of my favourite sayings is "There is no failure, only feedback."

With that in mind, I can tell you that the feedback I'm getting is that I'm weight stable at an approximate 2000 kcal. intake. Of course, at that level I do get about 150g protein, the rest in fat, and about 50 - 100g of carbohydrate from mostly leafy or fibrous vegetables ( things like spinach, cabbage, cucumbers ). I also drink coffee throughout the day with either heavy or light cream, which could easily nudge me upwards, so, say maybe 300 kcal as an error factor, which would get me to maybe a maximum of 2300 kcal.

If my activity patterns were to change, so that I would expend more energy, then I would expect that to be reflected in my weight, which hasn't happened.

-PK

He's not talking about glucose, temmeyhpettti, he's talking about its pretended "magical" effects in terms of body recomposition, with fat loss and muscle preserving.
    Exactly.

-PK

Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    One of my favourite sayings is "There is no failure, only feedback."

With that in mind, I can tell you that the feedback I'm getting is that I'm weight stable at an approximate 2000 kcal. intake. Of course, at that level I do get about 150g protein, the rest in fat, and about 50 - 100g of carbohydrate from mostly leafy or fibrous vegetables ( things like spinach, cabbage, cucumbers ). I also drink coffee throughout the day with either heavy or light cream, which could easily nudge me upwards, so, say maybe 300 kcal as an error factor, which would get me to maybe a maximum of 2300 kcal.

If my activity patterns were to change, so that I would expend more energy, then I would expect that to be reflected in my weight, which hasn't happened.

-PK
    That's a good way to see things haha.
    Great, well, you look great after all so I think you're right doing what you're doing.
    I'm pretty sure you could eat more (if you kept the same quality eating) and not gain much fat though.
    Or maybe it's because I'm 19, still developing my body and under TRT, who knows
    But I know I need a bare minimum of 2500 kcal a day or I loose like crazy.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I was surprised at that calorie total too. I'm a woman and (I think) much smaller than pklopp with less lean mass, and likely not younger than him, and I eat that much or more to maintain (or I'm vastly overestimating my intake). It's a good illustration of how calculated TDEE numbers can be very far off a given person's actual daily requirements.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast