Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo/Primal for 1 a portion. page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Paleo/Primal for 1 a portion.

Primal Fuel
    Disclaimer:
    This isn't the best way to go Paleo by a long-shot. If you can get organic, non-grain-fed animals (insect-fed free-range chickens and acorn-fed wild-pork are sorely missed, Spain!), fresh game, enriched eggs and organic, or, better, home-grown fruit and veg: DO IT.
    But for some of us that isn't an option. Some of us are students (for example) living off a very limited budget, but still want the benefits of a Paleo lifestyle.

So, I made my blog: onepoundmeals.blog.com, where I upload the recipes to food I eat and ideas I have, to show how, on a budget, Paleo can STILL be managed. Not the healthiest, but miles better than SAD and every portion is under 1 (a rare thing for foods without junk or grain)!
    You can always use a recipe for inspiration and just use organic, grass-fed meats and home-grown veggies. Or even use it as a side-dish or a base. Or, to cut your budget back a bit, try making one meal a day out of a cheaper recipe. Whatever you want, I'm just here to share it.

From now on I'll be posting links to my recipes and advice on cheap food-shopping on here. Bon appetit.

First installment: Chicken Cabbage-Wraps http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/1...cabbage-wraps/
    Last edited by Kochin; 10-25-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Lunch today: Lemony-Spicy Shakshouka http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/1...cy-shakshouka/

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Beauty! Keep 'em coming ...

Lunch: Roasted Lamb Bites with Roasted Veg.

I got some of LiDL’s “Fox Tree Farm” New Zealand frozen lamb chump chops today. I can’t find anything conclusive, but it seems that NZ lamb is almost always grass-fed and with minimum antibiotics and stuff. If that’s the case, this could be a BRILL way of eating decent meat on a budget! You get 9-10 chops per 900g bag, which is 45-50p per chop.

Some Americans had been complaining that this lamb is too strong, but I find it isn’t too far from Welsh lamb in taste. Texture-wise I can’t decide if I prefer it raw or if it’s yummier to cook it until you get “lamb crackling” on top! Mmm!

http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/1...h-roasted-veg/

Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Beauty! Keep 'em coming ...
    Trust me, I will do! This is even more fun than I'd imagined when I started! So many different recipes..!

I haven't even got into fish yet, or done much with offal!

I don't know why, but I'm finding cooking and eating EVEN MORE pleasurable now I'm "documenting" it!

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    These are brilliant - will be recommending your blog to many friends (as well as trying them myself!). Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by oliviascotland View Post
    These are brilliant - will be recommending your blog to many friends (as well as trying them myself!). Thank you!
    Thank YOU! Seeing my "individual daily visitors" number creep up is a joy to me.
    Hope you find many recipes you enjoy!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    Lunch: Roasted Lamb Bites with Roasted Veg.

I got some of LiDL’s “Fox Tree Farm” New Zealand frozen lamb chump chops today. I can’t find anything conclusive, but it seems that NZ lamb is almost always grass-fed and with minimum antibiotics and stuff. If that’s the case, this could be a BRILL way of eating decent meat on a budget! You get 9-10 chops per 900g bag, which is 45-50p per chop.

Some Americans had been complaining that this lamb is too strong, but I find it isn’t too far from Welsh lamb in taste. Texture-wise I can’t decide if I prefer it raw or if it’s yummier to cook it until you get “lamb crackling” on top! Mmm!

http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/1...h-roasted-veg/
    Yum. Gonna try this soon. Lamb was almost the first thing I bought when I got back to NZ after my holiday. I like to have it every week, sometimes more than once, so a new recipe is great to have. Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast