Thread: first post page

tinay is offline Junior Member

first post

good afternoon all, this is my first post, and day5 of 21. I'm not ready to post a 'before' pic of me, maybe on day 22. I'm 53, and been raising 2 girls for 23 years, time to get back in to shape, any shape besides 'barrell' would be good. I've clicked just about all ya'lls tabs, read stores and looked at pics. I can only hope that I can come close to some of ya'lls achievements. Wish me luck !!

Misti is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome, Tinay! Congratulations od sticking through it to day five!

It woks a little difefrently for us older gals than it does for the young folks -- but it does work. I didn't get into this for weight loss, I got into it to feel better, to be able to walk without pain, to just stop aging so fast. It's worked. Rather than seriously thinking about the pain involved before getting up from my chair to wash the dishes, I am now able to walk 16 miles in a week - and if I ahd more time, I could probably do more! My arthritis is GONE! My type 2 diabetes is also "in remission", my skin is clear again after having gone grey and rough as I got older. I feel better emotionally, too. Less like I'm dying and more like I'm living!

Oh, and I've gone from a size 28 dress to a size 14/16.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years