Thread: Just Stick With Eggs page

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member

Just Stick With Eggs

Primal Fuel
    A couple weeks ago I cooked some bacon, put that in muffin pans, cracked a couple of eggs in each one, added spices, and baked, and the egg muffin bacon things were awesome.

So today it's snowing and I'm working from home (smarty!), and I'm out of bacon. So I made some egg muffins with just eggs and a little cheese and some spices, but mixed in some coconut flour to...I dunno, why, exactly. I just did. And the muffins are gross. I'll eat anything, so I ate them, but they are NOT TASTY.

Just a heads-up if you're in my situation ever.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Next time, no flour? I used broken up sausage in mine, no cheese. Very tasty, plus the sausage grease helped lubricate the pan even more (used coconut oil).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Yeah, it's definitely the flour. I've also made them with just eggs and some coconut oil. Protip: don't add coconut flour. I just thought it would help out for some reason. Nope.

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    A couple weeks ago I cooked some bacon, put that in muffin pans, cracked a couple of eggs in each one, added spices, and baked, and the egg muffin bacon things were awesome.

So today it's snowing and I'm working from home (smarty!), and I'm out of bacon. So I made some egg muffins with just eggs and a little cheese and some spices, but mixed in some coconut flour to...I dunno, why, exactly. I just did. And the muffins are gross. I'll eat anything, so I ate them, but they are NOT TASTY.

Just a heads-up if you're in my situation ever.
    Bake at what temp and for about how long? Will the eggs be be completely cooked? Nothing runny?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    Bake at what temp and for about how long? Will the eggs be be completely cooked? Nothing runny?
    I think I usually bake my egg muffin things at 350 for...I dunno. 45 minutes? I'm a bachelor and just eyeball EVERYTHING, food-wise. I have some kind of phobia about following directions I think. Just keep an eye on them; you can poke them with a fork and tell when they're done. And they're not runny at all. You can wrap one up and take it with you for a meal on the go, or freeze them and then nuke them in the morning. Sturdy. I highly recommend just cooking some bacon or sausage or whatever you want, then putting that in a muffin pan with eggs and whatever seasonings you like, then bake. Super simple and delicious.