Thread: tightening up loose belly skin page

garod82 is offline Senior Member

tightening up loose belly skin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I've lost about 70 lbs over a 4 year period. About 60 of that was lost in the first year. I dont have elastic skin but I have some flab on my stomach that I really want to tighten up. My current weight is 190 and 6ft tall. I probably have 10 lbs of fat that I should still loose. Besides eating primal and lowering carbs what type of workouts help with tightening up the belly.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    lifting heavy things, sprint once in a while, move frequently at a slow pace.

ReclaimtheApex is offline Junior Member
    Do as many compound movements as possible. Lift heavy, odd objects off of the ground. Anything that engages the entire core. Walk, sprint, and try to move as much as possible.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    I have lost 48 lbs. since March and have a slight loose skin problem in the abs. I have been working out in all the right ways, but still have it so I'm thinking that its unlikely to go away. Will keep trying however and see what happens. Some say it's not really skin but stubborn fat, but it looks like skin to me and I'm down to about 10 % body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I have lost 48 lbs. since March and have a slight loose skin problem in the abs. I have been working out in all the right ways, but still have it so I'm thinking that its unlikely to go away. Will keep trying however and see what happens. Some say it's not really skin but stubborn fat, but it looks like skin to me and I'm down to about 10 % body fat.
    grab some of it and rub it between your fingers. does it feel like there are small, jelly-like beads in there? or, does it feel like the skin on the back of your hands? if you feel the beads, it's fat. it's also normal; fat is a great energy source that the body does not want to get rid of. that's why it is seriously difficult to drop below 10% body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    grab some of it and rub it between your fingers. does it feel like there are small, jelly-like beads in there? or, does it feel like the skin on the back of your hands? if you feel the beads, it's fat. it's also normal; fat is a great energy source that the body does not want to get rid of. that's why it is seriously difficult to drop below 10% body fat.
    Feels like the skin on the back of my hands, but it really isn't that serious as you can still see my abs, just something I notice more than someone else. You can see what I mean in a fairly recent photo on my Success at 60 forum thread - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60996.html

nicolecoxo is offline Junior Member
    Do as many compound movements as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Feels like the skin on the back of my hands, but it really isn't that serious as you can still see my abs, just something I notice more than someone else. You can see what I mean in a fairly recent photo on my Success at 60 forum thread - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60996.html
    nice thread. from your avatar photo, i would have guessed you were in your 20's. good job.

sounds like it's just loose skin, which may be a product of being overweight, or could be a product of the aging process (the word telomeres rings a bell here for some reason...mark wrote about them not too long ago). i know there are some anecdotal stories out there about creams, rocks and brushes for getting rid of skin like that, but i really don't think it's anything you need to put a lot of effort into. you're clearly doing awesome and are the envy of any 60 year old i know.

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    nice thread. from your avatar photo, i would have guessed you were in your 20's. good job.

sounds like it's just loose skin, which may be a product of being overweight, or could be a product of the aging process (the word telomeres rings a bell here for some reason...mark wrote about them not too long ago). i know there are some anecdotal stories out there about creams, rocks and brushes for getting rid of skin like that, but i really don't think it's anything you need to put a lot of effort into. you're clearly doing awesome and are the envy of any 60 year old i know.
    Thanks. I'm really not going to stress over it, you are probably right about it having something to do with the aging process.