Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deload? page

PandaRose is offline Member

deload?

Primal Fuel
    I just read Mark's article on deloading. I do lots of walking while carrying my 9 month old. I swim. I also do yoga daily. Do you think these require a deload? Or can I just keep going? Thank you in advance for your thoughts

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Keep going

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Unless you are doing some hardcore yoga or swimming, I think you are probably fine continuing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    I just read Mark's article on deloading. I do lots of walking while carrying my 9 month old. I swim. I also do yoga daily. Do you think these require a deload? Or can I just keep going? Thank you in advance for your thoughts
    No, you don't need to deload - you need to up the intensity of your workouts. Because right now your workout regimen is basically one big deload. Mark Sisson even mentions the activities in bold as good alternatives for lifting weights when you're deloading.

PandaRose is offline Member
    a combination of all these things is intense enough for me and is what i can do since i am the only one with my baby 96% of the time. thank you for your responses

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You could do some baby squats. Squat holding your baby. You could do some baby bench presses. The baby would probably think it was great fun. Otherwise, your exercises are great ones for general health and you need not worry at all if they are too much.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You could do some baby squats. Squat holding your baby. You could do some baby bench presses. The baby would probably think it was great fun. Otherwise, your exercises are great ones for general health and you need not worry at all if they are too much.
    I've done overhead presses with my dog, and I can curl her when she's wearing a harness. The only problem is that she loses patience before my muscles get tired, but it's still fun.

nicolecoxo is offline Junior Member
    I think you are probably fine continuing.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    deloads are for people who are squating and deadlifting every week. You are fine.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    I've done overhead presses with my dog, and I can curl her when she's wearing a harness. The only problem is that she loses patience before my muscles get tired, but it's still fun.
    I used to do leg presses with the kids (laying on my back, put kids on feet, move legs around like they were flying. Of course, i was holding his or her hands). They loved it, of course at 10 & 12 those days are long over.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast