Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those with HyVee and Casey's stores - Midwest page 2

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    They had burger at 3 cents per gallon this week. Scored 12 cents off per gallon for that purchase (got 4 pounds). That was the only discount I saw this week.

UniqueTII, which chocolate do you buy?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I usually get Green and Black's organic 85%.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

I wondered... I've gotten that a few times too, despite it containing soy. Thought maybe you had found one there that doesn't contain soy.

Thanks.

The organic 85% doesn't have soy, if I recall correctly. All of their others do.

Oh. I guess I haven't looked closely enough then. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I've been partial to the Lindt 85% lately. I buy it from Wal-Mart. It's not organic, but it contains no soy. The chocolate is very smooth. There's no Trader Joe's where I live but they sell some damn good dark chocolate.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

I looked at the Greens & Black organic 85% this weekend. It said it contains soy... Didn't find another 85% to review.

One thing I like about the fuel saver is that it also includes things like paper towels, toilet paper and laundry deterget, or soap for those who don't make their own/still use it. I stocked up on some of these items this weekend for a 47 cent per gallon discount on my next fill-up. Super thrilled.

Looked at the ad - greek yogurt and sour cream are on the list - non-organic and/or grass-fed, but it's something that's approved for ingestion if you can't do the whole organic/grass-fed thing.

Organic Valley milk is worth 3 cents off.

They have a premade chef salad with a discount - will work in a pinch if you're, again, unable to do organic/grass-fed.

Red Solo Cups - 4 cents off.

Pretty decent selection of produce as well - again, non-organic, but when you're pinching pennies, the whole "whole food" thing is more important than organic according to our leaders.

And of course, there are your standard poisons that are offering discounts, but it would be entirely possible to make a haul using this week's discounts if you're pinching pennies like my family is.

From the looks of it, I could arrange a meal plan for this week that could save me 27 cents per gallon. There again, we don't do organic/exclusively grass-fed for financial reasons, but we shop HyVee for our meats b/c they're local - Iowa raised. 27 cents off per gallon of gas when you drive 70 miles a day for work is a huge help and will assist us in getting better off financially so that eventually we CAN enjoy the finer things in life - like organic produce and grass-fed/finished meats.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Awesome. Thanks for the info.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The only reference to soy I've seen on the G&B 85% Organic is the "may contain" that comes from being made in a factory that processes soy products.

Green & Black's Organic Chocolate | Dark 85% Chocolate Bar -

I've tried other 85-90% soy free bars but didn't really like any of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast