Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Paleo Carbs? page

Ghjjf is offline Member

Best Paleo Carbs?

Primal Fuel
    Hey...

Breakfast is lacking any carbs. I don't really want potato or sweetpotato as I have it else where in my diet.

What are some good carbs I can include?

Steve

@lex is offline Senior Member
    I eat fruit for my early morning carbs. Berries, bananas, oranges, pomegranate, grapes and so on all taste great and contain plenty of vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Carrots and other root veggies are also good with eggs and steak in the morning.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    Kabocha squash or any other winter squash roasted with coconut oil and cinnamon. Delicious!

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I eat avocado a lot in the morning. It is only about 13 carbs for a whole one.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    fruit. squash. pumpkin. white rice or rice flour products.

andyTHFC is offline Member
    plantains.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yogurt is not that high in carbs, but it's a good way to get in your probiotics too, if you're dairy-tolerant (though you can make/buy it from coconut milk).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    You shouldn't need carbs at breakfast.

Best sources of carbs for me are sweet potatoes, white potatoes without the skins, white rice, goat's/sheep's yoghurt (as a balanced source), bananas fried in coconut oil.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghjjf View Post
    Hey...

Breakfast is lacking any carbs. I don't really want potato or sweetpotato as I have it else where in my diet.

What are some good carbs I can include?
    Breakfast today was the same as supper yesterday...meat & veg with ample fat. Leftovers are great for breakfast, but ultimately you're going to repeat a food and/or food group within 24 hours. There's nothing wrong with that.

Carbs are in the veggies and fruit. If you mean "where are some good *starchy* carbs to replace the grain based breakfasts I used to eat," you're limited to what grows out of the ground.

Of course, if you can't get used to eating dinner or lunch for breakfast, you can skip bfast altogether.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Plantains are great. Boiled, fried, hashed, or mashed, they can be treated like potatoes (albeit with a different flavor profile) because of their high starch content. They aren't overly sweet like a lot of fruits though, so don't expect them to taste too great if eaten raw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast