Thread: anyone try this program? page

breetbree is offline Senior Member

anyone try this program?

Shop Now
    a lot of times i would see links to hundredpushups.com, but i've never tried it. i'm still on my first week of doing it and supposedly by the end of week 6, a program follower should be able to do 100 push ups. but i'm doing the program with a 40 pound weight vest. has anyone ever given this program a try? results?

Diogenes is offline Member
    Depending on your condition, it may be asking for elbow and shoulder problems, especially with a weight vest. What's the rush? Fitness should not be a race, or a contest, or a short-term challenge. It's a lifestyle. IMHO.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breetbree View Post
    a lot of times i would see links to hundredpushups.com, but i've never tried it. i'm still on my first week of doing it and supposedly by the end of week 6, a program follower should be able to do 100 push ups. but i'm doing the program with a 40 pound weight vest. has anyone ever given this program a try? results?
    Well don't expect the same results if your not following the program right, 100 bodyweight push-ups are achieved after the program, but added weight will take much longer to go up on reps. Why bother though? If your doing push-ups almost every day like the regime suggests, muscle gains will be minimal because your muscle fibers won't have enough time to repair. I see no other point besides high muscular endurances, or just to show your friends how pro you are at push-ups :P

But by all means finish the program, it sure is a nice feat.
    Last edited by Loneketo; 10-24-2012 at 06:32 PM.

i'm doing them because i mainly want to surprise myself next time i test regular no weight push ups. i haven't done it for a while and last time it was at like 40-45 i think. i can alter the weight, each thing in the vest is 1/2 pound. it can go from 1/2 pound to 40 pounds. i would just like to do the program with the vest, test with it after, then test my regular no weighted push ups. and the rush isn't too much, buy i am joining the army after high school and would like to score well with push ups and sit ups. no matter what after the program though, i was just going to go back to my normal routine of whatever i feel like doing. just an experiment (:

oh, and it's not push ups almost every day, it's three times a week, i'm doing M W F

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Yes I did it. Had great results. I still do pushups once or twice a week. And yes, I was able to do the 100 at the end.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Kinnell is offline Member
    I tried it but eventually kept missing the required sets and needing to go down a level. I concluded that the program itself wasn't very good - any program which requires doing loads of press-ups regularly will eventually get you to 100. That being said, it's probably motivational. I like Al Kavadlo's suggestion - do 100 (or 200!) push ups every day in as many sets as it takes.

PrimalCon New York
    not a bad idea. i could put the weight vest on every commercial or something and knock out a couple push ups until hopefully 100+