Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal? page

Loneketo is offline Senior Member

Is this normal?

Shop Now
    About an hour ago, I ate the equivalent of 1800-2000 calories at once. Now it feels like I didn't eat at all.

14oz of beef(60% lean), 6oz of salmon with skin, a mango, kiwi, Small apple, one cup of spinach, 1 1/2 cups of milk.

I intermittently fast (20/4), so would food somehow get absorbed much faster or something? I know for sure I love this feeling of feeling fully satisfied but light.

The question I want to ask is if it's normal? I probably could fit another full-blown meal but I'm not hungry.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Maybe there was too much fruit in that meal at once?

Some people do fine with the fruit, but I find that if I eat too much, it triggers a binge mentality and I can't stop myself. I have to be really careful as a result.

That may or may not be what is to blame here, but it's something to consider.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I get the same thing on 20/4 days. So it's normal as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes I'll have a snack after the meal (1-2 hours laster) and sometimes not.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I get the same thing on 20/4 days. So it's normal as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes I'll have a snack after the meal (1-2 hours laster) and sometimes not.
    Thanks, good thing I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Maybe there was too much fruit in that meal at once?

Some people do fine with the fruit, but I find that if I eat too much, it triggers a binge mentality and I can't stop myself. I have to be really careful as a result.

That may or may not be what is to blame here, but it's something to consider.
    Even IF fruit had anything to do with it, there is no way I would want to eat more after 2000+ calories consumed, just my thought though. Must have been the fact the fasting increases absorption of everything, so I'm glad for that.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    The thing about sugars for some people...

They sometimes decrease the feeling of satiety and the effect is the resultant urge to binge. Sugar typically doesn't make you feel as full as fat and protein will. When you don't feel as full, you are more likely to over consume. It's not as though as soon as you hit 2,000 calories you will automatically "stop being hungry." Whether or not this is the case depends on what you eat, when you eat, and how you eat it.

Also, volume vs. caloric density can make a difference. If you eat a food that fills you up more (say a salad) as opposed to a dense food (such as oil) it literally takes up more room in your stomach and will fill you up from that perspective as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    The thing about sugars for some people...

They sometimes decrease the feeling of satiety and the effect is the resultant urge to binge. Sugar typically doesn't make you feel as full as fat and protein will. When you don't feel as full, you are more likely to over consume. It's not as though as soon as you hit 2,000 calories you will automatically "stop being hungry." Whether or not this is the case depends on what you eat, when you eat, and how you eat it.

Also, volume vs. caloric density can make a difference. If you eat a food that fills you up more (say a salad) as opposed to a dense food (such as oil) it literally takes up more room in your stomach and will fill you up from that perspective as well.
    Well a pound of steak and fish surely didn't fill me haha. Beauty of eating stuff with no indigestible fiber I guess.

I wasn't hungry though after, just really light, as if the 1lb+ meat in my stomach just disappeared in a way.just sure to make that clear.
    Last edited by Loneketo; 10-24-2012 at 06:24 PM.

caroaustini is offline Junior Member
    caloric density can make a difference

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    That has happened to me lots of times. Usually it's when I eat a big steak.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    2nd the "fruit makes me hungry" sentiment. I think dessert was invented so that we get hungry again. Isn't that the Roman way?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's normal. If I eat something conventionally carby, like bread or crackers, it will feel like a brick in my stomach for half the day. If I eat vegetables and protein and starchy vegetables, I feel full but...light, if that makes any sense.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast