Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banana bread? page

Amylouk is offline Junior Member

Banana bread?

Shop Now
    Hello fellow paleo-ers,

I'm on day 3 of back to paleo but I previously did it for a couple of years, and am really excited about getting back to normal.

I want to improve from last time and keep it as part of my lifestyle, and one of the things that I never fully embraced was paleo baking. Breakfasts were (and continue to be) the biggest struggle for me so I'm thinking that improving my paleo baking and getting familiar with good ingredients will be a good way to go.

Before anyone says eggs/bacon - I of course love them both but somehow I prefer them for lunch or dinner. I find it hard to eat eggs very early.

I'm thinking warm banana bread with butter would be a wonderful start to my day (and am open to other suggestions!) Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes for a baking beginner? Nothing too complicated please!

Thanks in advance

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Check out that pumpkin thread a couple lines down. An interesting recipe in there that kind of looks like a bread to me. I think banana bread is out due to the flour.
    Last edited by shep68; 10-24-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks Shep, I will do.

I should have clarified - I mean paleo-fied Banana bread so I'm assuming it would be made with some type of paleo friendly flour? Almond, coconut etc..

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Mix a banana, a heaping spoonful of almond butter and an egg until it's all mashed and creamy. Pour into a coffee cup. Microwave for 2 minutes. Let it cool a bit because it'll be pretty hot. Either eat it with a spoon or dump it out of the cup and slice it. Add cocoa powder for a chocolate mug cake. Without chocolate it tastes like banana bread.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I make banana bread by taking the pumpkin muffin recipe from the Primal Blueprint cookbook and swapping the pumpkin puree the recipe calls for with mashed banana.

Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    I make banana bread by taking the pumpkin muffin recipe from the Primal Blueprint cookbook and swapping the pumpkin puree the recipe calls for with mashed banana.
    I'm looking for that recipe and I can't seem to find it - do you have a link? Thanks

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Mix a banana, a heaping spoonful of almond butter and an egg until it's all mashed and creamy. Pour into a coffee cup. Microwave for 2 minutes. Let it cool a bit because it'll be pretty hot. Either eat it with a spoon or dump it out of the cup and slice it. Add cocoa powder for a chocolate mug cake. Without chocolate it tastes like banana bread.
    That sounds AMAZING! I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow...

JayGee is offline Member
    Mash a banana, add in two eggs and 2 tbsp coconut flour, plus a dash of cinnamon. I either make theses as pancakes or bake in a muffin tin.

So excited to start baking! Thank you to everyone!

TheodoraB. is offline Member
    Paleo Banana Bread Muffins | Recipe | With Style & Grace | With Style & Grace

I made these muffins yesterday and they were amazing.
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw

Female 5'6.5"
    Grok since 08-25-2012
    Before Primal : 198 lbs
    CW : 176.8 lbs

Calorie Counter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast