Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give me Starbucks or Give me Death! page

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member

Give me Starbucks or Give me Death!

Primal Fuel
    I am a Starbucks-aholic. I am not proud of that fact. Part of the reason why I started Primal was to get over that addiction to sugar and caffeine.

This is my fifth day on Primal. I feel like crap. My head is fuzzy and heavy. I have zero motivation. I want my pillow and my blankie and a few days to just hibernate. I know it's probably the carb flu, but knowing it is not doing me any good.

Before going Primal, I would cure this kind of hibernation desire with a grande latte. Now, I don't know what the heck to do. I need to be a normal member of society due to school and other commitments. I can go into a deep slumber this weekend but I need to survive until then. And I don't want to relapse into a carb-induced hyperness.

Please help.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    okay have starbucks

can i borrow some money when you own it?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

Bestill is offline Junior Member
    You could try a bulletproof coffee. I love them and it certainly scratches the Starbucks latte itch for me.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    I figured out how to drink coffee with coconut milk.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    You're trying to ditch caffeine and sugar at the same time? Ooooh no bueno! People here HAVE done this and maybe it's better to go cold turkey. But it's saner to ditch sugar first, then dairy, then caffeine, in my opinion.

Starbucks coffee is super strong to the point of almost burnt - time to find an espresso machine!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    You have options.
    -You could start by weaning off. Switch to sugar-free versions, start to reduce the amount/frequency. Try alternating with decaf or non-caffeinated hot beverages, if you're looking for something warm to drink.
    -You could continue cold turkey. Make sure you hydrate plenty. You'll survive.
    -Make your own coffee at home, where you can control the ingredients. Cut back on the amount slowly, if you really want to. Many paleo/primal folks are still coffee drinkers.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grok is offline Senior Member
    hehe nice title.

I like Starbucks, there is one right across the street from where I live.

I get a venti iced coffee with an add shot and heavy cream.

...and I always walk there barefoot.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KotikBegemotik View Post
    I am a Starbucks-aholic. I am not proud of that fact. Part of the reason why I started Primal was to get over that addiction to sugar and caffeine.

This is my fifth day on Primal. I feel like crap. My head is fuzzy and heavy. I have zero motivation. I want my pillow and my blankie and a few days to just hibernate. I know it's probably the carb flu, but knowing it is not doing me any good.

Before going Primal, I would cure this kind of hibernation desire with a grande latte. Now, I don't know what the heck to do. I need to be a normal member of society due to school and other commitments. I can go into a deep slumber this weekend but I need to survive until then. And I don't want to relapse into a carb-induced hyperness.

Please help.
    I say, don't give up your latte yet. Let it be your vice while you change up everything else. Then as you get more strict, you'll find that it's easier to give up your goodies. I still drink a latte every morning, I just make it at home with whole milk and no sugar. Never thought I could have enjoyed a latte with no sweetener, but I swear your taste buds change as you eliminate the crap from your diet. I just started adding less and less, until I got down to none at all. As for the milk, it's a personal choice ... some people have issues with dairy and need to use coconut milk or almond milk. Personally, I'm fine with it - - but prefer to use raw, unhomogonized whole milk that I buy from a local farm. Together with bacon and eggs, it's a really awesome breakfast.

Spiralicious is offline Senior Member
    Ask for a Half-Caff Breve Latte! Only sugar is the milk sugar, less than usual caffeine, high-fat dairy... What's the problem?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want my ashes put in my stove top espresso pot. Seriously, this is one "vice" I'll never give up. And I think coffee is good for you. Not three pots a day, but a few cups. Makes your brain work better, enhances performance. Others disagree and as always, it's just n=1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast