Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give me Starbucks or Give me Death! page 3

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    LOL, you can have my monopoly stickers.

I tried their iced coffee once (last Starbucks closes at 11:00) and it was mostly ice. I did the sugar free vanilla sweetener. It was pretty good, but needs more coffee and less ice.
    Ew ... I tried McDonald's sugar-free lattes once. Mine was so horrible, I couldn't get past the first sip. I don't even know what you'd have to do to make it that bad. And I'm not usually a very picky person!!

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Find a good, local coffee house and you won't need sweeteners anymore
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    Ew ... I tried McDonald's sugar-free lattes once. Mine was so horrible, I couldn't get past the first sip. I don't even know what you'd have to do to make it that bad. And I'm not usually a very picky person!!
    I don't like their lattes, either, but I do like their coffee with some cream in it.

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    I don't like their lattes, either, but I do like their coffee with some cream in it.
    I've heard that their coffee is pretty good. I'm just not a regular coffee fan. I almost always make my lattes at home, to save money and make them with the best ingredients. It's actually pretty easy to roast your own beans, even. You can use anything from a $300 drum roaster to a $50 popcorn maker to a $15 cast iron skillet. Freshest beans ever, roasted just how you like ... and bonus, you can get super high quality beans on the cheap when you buy green!

Soul Survivor is offline Junior Member

Cool hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I've heard that their coffee is pretty good. I'm just not a regular coffee fan. I almost always make my lattes at home, to save money and make them with the best ingredients. It's actually pretty easy to roast your own beans, even. You can use anything from a $300 drum roaster to a $50 popcorn maker to a $15 cast iron skillet. Freshest beans ever, roasted just how you like ... and bonus, you can get super high quality beans on the cheap when you buy green!
    Anyone know of a natural alternative to caffeine? I lost my job recently because I wasnt able to work at a fast enough pace. If was a dish washing job starting at 6am. I drink decaf cold brewed coffee at home because it is lower acidity and I drink decaf because im sensitive to caffeine. Is there any natural alternative to caffeine for a sensitive individual? I was going to give ginseng a try but theres tannins in ginseng and im sensitive to tannins which is why I cant drink a lot of wine without getting an instant large tension headache during consumption before I even get drunk.

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Chaohinon, have you found any good local places? I've hit up a Dazbog or two, their coffee isn't bad. But they're not exactly local. I heard good stuff about Carino's but they're kinda out of my way. And I'm not hipster enough for Ink.

So...ideas?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

doubledown is offline Junior Member
    So using the terrific advise posted above in this thread, I've transitioned from vanilla latte's and Frappuccino's to breve's and now to heavy cream, as has my coffee/espresso addicted fiancée. I've found that one of the great benefits of going primal is that what would have once been too bland or bitter to my sugar-addicted tastebuds now tastes fantastic.

Unfortunately, it means I've found myself a new addiction.

My current Starbucks order is a Tall Double/Triple Heavy Cream Latte. Obviously, this is an indulgence. My question is how often is too often? Should I be trying to keep these down to one a week or less? Or have I discovered the modern Grok's breakfast of champions and should I be drinking five a day? Any thoughts?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledown View Post
    My current Starbucks order is a Tall Double/Triple Heavy Cream Latte. Obviously, this is an indulgence. My question is how often is too often? Should I be trying to keep these down to one a week or less? Or have I discovered the modern Grok's breakfast of champions and should I be drinking five a day? Any thoughts?
    It really depends on your goals. If you are shooting for a certain amount of fat per day, you could calculate how much fat is in the drink and make sure to incorporate that into your daily count. I would suggest that you at least determine how much sugar you are consuming, as that is probably the worst offense in any blended drink.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123