Thread: Is it normal to break out in the early stages? page

Amylouk is offline Junior Member

Is it normal to break out in the early stages?

Shop Now
    I'm on day 3 of my return to paleo and feeling good, if a little tired. I have noticed that my skin, which is usually clear, has broken out a little bit on my chin etc. I'm wondering if this is part of the whole detoxing my body is going through?

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amylouk View Post
    I'm on day 3 of my return to paleo and feeling good, if a little tired. I have noticed that my skin, which is usually clear, has broken out a little bit on my chin etc. I'm wondering if this is part of the whole detoxing my body is going through?
    I'm in your place too, but it's been longer, about a week of primal,and I intermittently fast. Breaking out now beats breaking out for the rest of your life. I Am not getting any breakouts though, just small acne lesions that go away rather quickly. Depending on how long you've been eating a SAD diet, detox could be more intense.

Commander Quan is offline Junior Member
    This is one of the first things that happened after I went 100% primal, but it only lasted for about a week and then things cleared up and there haven't been any issues since then.

caroaustini is offline Junior Member
    Breaking out now beats breaking out for the rest of your life.

Amylouk is offline Junior Member
    Sure I agree, and I'm not bothered by it, I was just wondering if that was usual as part of the beginning of getting back into primal/paleo. I've also been feeling exhausted.

I haven't got 100% paleo either - i'm still treating myself to a little dark choc after my dinner. I have less problems giving up sugar than wheat so I'm easing myself into it.

nicolecoxo is offline Junior Member
    I was just wondering if that was usual as part of the beginning of getting back into primal

PaleoPanda is offline Member
    Yep, I broke out at first. Lasted a couple of weeks, I found a Bio-oil treatment at night a couple of times a week helped my skin calm down.