Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on almond cheese page

phitone is offline Junior Member

Wink Any thoughts on almond cheese

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been totally dairy free since going primal 6 weeks ago. I feel great but a friend of mine has just brought up the subject of almond cheese. I have not tried it but was just wondering what the general consensus was on the subject. I always find the information that you all share very enlightening so thanks for your feedback.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Almond was not intended to ever be made into cheese. Imagine the amount of processing and the chemicals added to make a nut into cheese...no better than soy cheese IMO. Run, don't walk away from it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Misti is offline Member
    I agree with Damiana -- you'd be better off with real, whole milk, raw cheese once in a while, unless you're sensitive to dairy.
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

heatherdarbs Guest
    Ditto - I used to eat that stuff (assuming you're talking about store bought), until I started paying attention to the ingredients; then I ended up throwing it out and not even finishing it.

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    I've made it. It tastes good. You can add any seasonings that you want. I use the almond meal left over from making my own almond milk, lemon juice, salt and agar agar or unflavored beef gelatin. I don't see any difference eating homemade almond cheese or eating almond butter.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    I've made it. It tastes good. You can add any seasonings that you want. I use the almond meal left over from making my own almond milk, lemon juice, salt and agar agar or unflavored beef gelatin. I don't see any difference eating homemade almond cheese or eating almond butter.
    Agree, neither is fit food
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Paleobird Guest
    The only good thing can say for it is that it is slightly less gross than tofu cheese.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If you've made it yourself using pronounceable ingredients, then that's great. I'm talking about the processed and packaged stuff, though.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    If you've made it yourself using pronounceable ingredients, then that's great. I'm talking about the processed and packaged stuff, though.
    I guess I never even considered eating the store-bought version. I was just looking for a more palatable way to eat the left over almond meal from making almond milk. It just seemed like a waste if I threw it in the garbage. Now I sometimes just feed it to the chickens.

Misti is offline Member
    Wait! You found a use for the almond meal leftover from making almond milk? Does it work with coconut meal leftover from making coconut milk?
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast