Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liver Me This page 2

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    quelsen and Mr. Anthony, thank you for the tips on de-livering the liver. (an unintended pun. hilarious.)

iniQuity, taters are good with everything. However, I am avoiding taters and sweet taters at the moment. When I reintroduce them, I will have to try your recipe.

Warmbear, I bow before your amazing cavemanness.....but the sheer idea of raw liver makes me shudder.

PaleoCowgirl is offline Senior Member
    You could try adding it with ground beef whenever you make burgers, meatballs or meatloaf. I'm trying to add offal to my regime and that's my plan. I may try toning it down as Quelsen suggests, too.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Try lamb's liver!

Super mild & easy to cook.

Slice thinly (1/4" thick) dredge in coconut flour (mix salt & pepper into the flour first) and pan fry in lard on med heat for 1-2 min per side.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    You can also make pate: Bourbon Chicken Liver Pâté Recipe at Epicurious.com

All the butter cuts some of the bitter/metallic taste. I think that's why liver+bacon (and cooking bitter greens in lots of fat) is such a popular combo.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Yes pate!

To get our chicken livers in each week, I make pate. We eat it warm, (but you can leave it to set) and make lettuce tacos, and then top with sweet taters and some veggies. Doesn't taste livery and all
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I find pig's liver to be more mild tasting than lamb's. Fried with bacon and onions, yummy.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Two tricks I use:
    1, cook it with salted bacon. Then, eat a bite of liver with a bite of bacon and a bit of veg. The saltiness of the bacon and the flavour of the veg take the "livery" taste from the liver. http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/0...th-fried-eggs/
    2, curry it. Curried liver changes quite a bit in flavour! http://onepoundmeals.blog.com/2012/1...and-egg-curry/

jendoe is offline Senior Member
    I make liver meatballs with the recipe from Primal Palate (argh, they've moved their website - it's loading a bit slowly and being a pain for me, but try this: Beef Liver and Onion Meatballs - The Food Lovers Kitchen )

They have paprika and cinnamon in them, so they turn out yummy, despite the liver ;-)

Easy to make, and I eat them with either steamed broccoli or sauteed onions/peppers and tomato sauce. Yum!

patski is offline Senior Member
    I've found conventional liver to be very 'liver-y' tasting, but liver from a grass-fed cow much tastier, far less 'liver-y'.

I cook mine in a ton of bacon fat, bacon, more bacon...btw, bacon...on medium high. Be sure not to overcook it!

I still need to try my hand at pate.

With more bacon grease.

Yup.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

KotikBegemotik is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh. My. Goodness.

The Bourbon Chicken Liver Pate is...nearly orgasmic.

If you haven't tried it, try it. yodiewan, thank you for the suggestion!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
    -H2G2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast